Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Have you ever bought a gun because you had an unused accessory for it?

Not yet, but I have a half-box of .32-20 ammo someone gave me a dozen years ago. So, I am perpetually on the hunt for a .32-20 revolver.

Site Supporter
    I bought a Magpul MOE and had it shipped to a friend because he said if I bought a tan Magpul MOE grip for him he’d trade it for a Magpul MIAD.

So, I being a broke college student at the time saw that as $10 in savings and was contemplating an AR-15.

So, I received it and it was broken. Which was a bad deal, but I figured ask the friend and a jerk thing to do - he was like “oh yeah I knew, but that’s part of why I did the deal”. Well, not wanting to end the friendship over it I contacted Magpul and they replaced it.

So I literally for a time was airgunning in the house with a Magpul MIAD. I saved up, bought a BCM complete lower. Still air gunning. Bought some magazines. Couldn’t swing the upper yet.

Bought the upper - went to the range. I couldn’t afford a rear sight yet. Eventually got one. Then RDS, etc.

Had some follower related issues - replaced them with Magpul followers. Never had another issue.

So, saving $10 cost me $1,000. I regret nothing but it was a classic single early 20’s broke college student story.

ETA: My brother bought the bullets after I received the upper and was like “let’s go shoot it” - so of course we did.

Man. Two goofballs at an indoor pistol range… shooting a rifle without a rear sight.
    Last edited by BWT; 09-09-2022 at 11:05 PM.
    God Bless,

Brandon

I got to drinking the other day and bought a holosun AEMS and a B&T telescoping brace. Now I guess I have to buy a GHM so they don’t go to waste.

Quote Originally Posted by omega9 View Post
    I got to drinking the other day and bought a holosun AEMS and a B&T telescoping brace. Now I guess I have to buy a GHM so they don’t go to waste.
    Off topic but tangential. One Saturday night I bought a Kawasaki ZX10R on Ebay motors after a couple of bourbon and diets. I rode that bitch from Greensboro NC to Mt Rushmore and back in a week. I've since given up motorcycles and bourbon. Things bought under the influence needs to be its own thread.

I bought a 1-4x variable scope to replace an Aimpoint H-1.

Now I'm looking for a Beretta 1301T to attach to the Aimpoint.

The extra bolt carrier group I bought in-between panics is great for a back up. You know what else is great for a back up? Another rifle.

Quote Originally Posted by CleverNickname View Post
    I once built an AR10 because I had an extra .308 flash hider.

Currently I have one more .30 caliber silencer than I have .30 caliber host guns, so I'm trying to figure out what rifle to buy for it.
    Kind of like I had a useless .556 AK mag. Welllllllllll not now.

Yeah, but I think I subconsciously do it on purpose. Sometimes I'll run across deals I just can't pass up like 5 brand new Staccato 2011 mag for $25 each, how do I pass that up? Now I need a Staccato. I bought like 30 M9 mag for $5 each some gave a gift certificate for VZ Beretta grips, now I need a Beretta right? Ran into a kid that needed some money and wanted to dump his new complete BCM lower for $200, I can't let that slide, now I need another upper. What's a guy to do?

Yes, Because of 1994 normal capacity magazine ban, I have often purchased magazines in advance of the pistol or rifle.

User Tag List