Thread: Tikka receiver holes ?

Tikka receiver holes ?

What are all of these holes for? T3x 7mm Rem Mag. Warne 14TM rings. Rings have a recoil key (1). The Tikka receiver “recoil stop” hole is about 2x as big as the recoil key for the front rings. Rings are labeled F and R. Recoil key is on F.

At first glance I thought the recoil key might fit into one of the smaller milled holes near each set of holes front and rear.

I figure the holes w/ plastic screws are for a pic rail, or other scope mounts.

All my experience mounting scopes has been w/ AR’s, Rem 700’s w/ Talley one pieces or Leupold Mounts/Bases.

The size difference inbetween the ring recoil key and Tikka receiver recoil stop makes me curious.

I’ve read the instructions for each, Tikka mentions having the key engage the stop towards the muzzle. That’s all I’ve found.

I would have gotten a Talley one-piece set up but couldn’t get them in time for the hunt.

Any advice or experiences is why I’m here! Cheers!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Haven't seen the smaller holes, but this is how I do Warne rings on a Tikka, and why.

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....l=1#post627816
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Site Supporter
    Those small holes with the plugs in them (looks cross slotted) are tapped for screwing in a scope base or one-piece scope ring setup. I could never get the plugs to unscrew; I thought I was stripping them. Then I realized they were plastic and I just pushed them down into the action with a hex key.
    @KneeShot

User Tag List