Thread: CZ P10C Trigger Recommendations?

CZ P10C Trigger Recommendations?

Seeking opinion on replacing the trigger on my newly acquired P10C. If it matters it's pretty recent with a 2021 born on date.

I just got this for a carry gun and don't have a lot of confidence because of one weird issue. I just took it to the range to start vetting it and had an issue with the trigger blade safety. It's not a defect in the gun, it's how my trigger finger interfaces with the blade safety. It sometimes won't depress it enough to unblock the trigger fully and I get this extreme "hitch" in the trigger pull. No other gun have I ever had an issue with this. Can't count how many Glocks I've shot, HK VP9s, several M&Ps in the safe but they may not count due to their hinged trigger, plus some others I'm sure I've long forgotten, but I've never had this happen before ever.

I'm looking hard at the Apex kit or the Cajun kit. I like the idea of the Apex and basically just using the shoe and slideplate cover, leaving the internal FC stuff original. But the Cajun kit includes a tool steel striker replacement which would seem to be an upgrade to a pretty critical part.

Opinions?

If a replacement trigger doesn't cure the issue I'll likely sell the gun and go a different route, but I want this gun to work. It's got a lot going for it right out of the box and seems to equal or best the VP9 in about every way.
    Last edited by Spartan1980; 09-08-2022 at 09:18 PM. Reason: Screwed the title

Site Supporter
    I don't have any experience with the Apex or Cajun stuff for the P10, but I've had three (still have one) P10C's and replaced the trigger in each one with an HBI aluminum trigger and swapped the striker in my last two with the Overwatch Precision NP3'd version and was really happy with the results.

The stock plastic CZ trigger somehow pinched my finger between end of the blade and the trigger guard during the trigger stroke...so much that after @ 100 rounds, I'd have a painful blister. The HBI unit cured that and has a much better tactile feel to me.

Quote Originally Posted by kwb377 View Post
    I don't have any experience with the Apex or Cajun stuff for the P10, but I've had three (still have one) P10C's and replaced the trigger in each one with an HBI aluminum trigger and swapped the striker in my last two with the Overwatch Precision NP3'd version and was really happy with the results.

The stock plastic CZ trigger somehow pinched my finger between end of the blade and the trigger guard during the trigger stroke...so much that after @ 100 rounds, I'd have a painful blister. The HBI unit cured that and has a much better tactile feel to me.
    I went HBI as well. I wasn’t a fan of their springs so I still use the OEM though.

The set screw on the Cajun gave me pause. I know I could loctite it down, but I know I would somehow spill that crap somewhere in the gun it isn’t supposed to go.

Site Supporter
    I'm running a CGW trigger in mine with a polished
    CGW striker and mid weight HBI spring...
    nice smooth trigger, clean break a little over 4lb.

Quote Originally Posted by kwb377 View Post

This one does the same to me. One other reason I want to go aftermarket.

User Tag List