Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: What Happens to Bullets When They Hit Auto Glass?

Quote Originally Posted by willie View Post
    Can you draw us a picture?
    Have you got a magnifying glass?
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post

I failed kinematics twice in college, but physics is pretty cool. Still prefer electricity, light, and magnetism though (I made an A in that course...).
    This is why I'm a civil engineer. Everything I deal with is standing still. Electricity, magnetism, thermo, optics (Physics 251) was a 5 credit hour D for me...at the end of the semester I took the Halliday and Resnick textbook to a friend's farm and shot the shit out of it with my AR-180. I don't remember which way the bullets deflected.

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    3/15/2016

Bullets and cars are interesting to me. I know for a fact (from a Matt Graham class) that the headrest in a 90’s accord will stop all common service calibers—an interesting tidbit.

I also took a “ballistics” course (which included shooting car parts with pretty much everything under the sun, from .380 to .308) from LE in N Idaho that convinced me that 12 gauge slugs are the way to go if one absolutely must shoot at something inside a passenger car.

And that’s all this musician has to add to this fascinating topic. I mean, aside from confirming that my own first shot through fresh windshield glass from the inside did go a little bit high, while the rest went through the created port to get on target per usual.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

User Tag List