Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Smallest top of pic rail light possible?

Smallest top of pic rail light possible?

I have a really tiny carbine build in mind with a 7" rail and I'm doing some "lego-blocks" playing around with a variety of SF Scout style systems I have and they're all too big.

I tried an X300 handgun light, upside down on the top rail and it's also not great, because that's where I'd put my thumb.

The best I've come up with is a 3V scout light on the "weak side" rail, and then either I rotate the gun inboard and use my thumb on a rear push button switch for permanent on, or I install a tape switch to the top, which I'm trying to avoid.

I came across the Princeton Tec Switch which actually seems kind of perfect for this gun. I don't need to blind anyone. I don't need to PID at 50 yards. The Switch seems like a photon microlight with a pic rail. Perfect! Except the switchology is goofy. I really want momentary on. Otherwise I can just put the Scout on the "weak" side rail and rotate the gun and push the button for constant on when needed.

Is there any option I'm missing that exists?

The surefire XC-1 and it’s ilk comes to mind.

I ran into the same problem with an AR pistol build. I wanted to run an X300 on right side (I’m right handed) with a tape switch at 12 o’clock. It works, but I wish I had a little more room for my left hand. I’ve though of getting some sort of pic rail Extension to move the light a few inches more foreword, but that would put the lights lens in line with the muzzle blast. So for now, I’m just dealing with the current set up.

I have a TLR-7 on a 14 inch shotgun and short barrel .300 BLK. Small in size, relatively inexpensive, 500 lumens and I can lock out activation with a partial turn of the bezel.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

TLR8g
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

This is how I ended up with a CLOUD Defensive OWL. Which while absolute overkill for your light needs is super low profile on a short rail.

I need to figure out some way to mount a Surefire Sidekick to an M-Lock slot..

My solution on a 300BO SBR was a TLR RM1. Not ideal and yet functional for my needs.

Name:  694620D4-C96C-4996-946F-E96774D60AAC.jpg
Views: 215
Size:  65.9 KB

My buddy was showing me his latest light purchase and it was tiny. I don’t have experience with the brand, Olight, so I can’t attest to quality or durability. Butbthe light was small, bright and rechargeable. About 2” long. I believe the model was called the Valkyrie.

@Sanch the Surefire M140A Micro Scout light is the ticket. It runs on a single AAA. It is not crazy bright but super small, light weight and bright enough. It can be mounted to Pic or MLOK, batts Alkaline or Eneloop. Tail clicky activation. Also tucks close to the rail nicely with the new mounting system. I run mine on a few carbines next to some XVL2 IRC's so I can have instant white light and still keep things small and light. FWIW I've been running mine since they came out and they've been great.

User Tag List