Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 147s in CZs and Glocks

147s in CZs and Glocks

In a perfect world, I'd like to reload rounds that are close to the ballistics of my defensive ammo - mostly 147gr HST or G2. I've read a lot of reports of CZs and Glocks having issues with longer bullets - anyone running a 147gr FP successfully in either/both platform?

I'm currently loading RMR 124gr "Match Winners" which are VERY accurate over 3.8gr of Titegroup (like 1.25" groups shooting benched off my range bag through my Shadow 2 at 25 yards) - if I could get similar performance in a 147 I'd be sooopah happy.

Thanks in advance!

I’m running 135s these days but I never had any issue with 147s in the four or five CZs I used back then. 147 Bayou, N320, and the recipe was based off the Enos forum.
    When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk. -Tuco
    Today is victory over yourself of yesterday... -Miyamoto Musashi

Never had problems with Glocks and factory ammo. Very little experience with CZ

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

@psalms144.1: while they have short chambers, none of my CZs have problems with quality factory 147gr ammo. I use HST 147 for defense in CZs and Glocks.

It's not the length of the bullet, but the OAL (actually length to ogive) of the round that can be problematic in CZs. You should have no problems finding the proper length using the 'plunk' test. However, be aware that bulk bullet manufacturers' QC can be spotty. So, plan on testing each batch you buy. Bluebullets changed their bullet profile last year, and I had gotten lazy. That likely cost me a match win.

But, I prefer 125gr for my USPSA 130PF ammo, and the recoil impulse and POI are similar to 147 HST.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

My P10C really likes 147 grain JHP. Shoots 8 different factory loads under 2.0” at 20 yards. VV published load of N350 will match Federal 147 HST velocity of 1000 fps. N105 can get you even more velocity with VV published loads.
    The first indication a bad guy should have that I'm dangerous is when his
    disembodied soul is looking down at his own corpse wondering what happened.

I went with 145gr Bayou RN in an attempt to get close to 147 grain HST. The 145 grain Bayou RN loaded to 1.135 +/- OAL have been good in several Glocks, but I occasionally have issues with them in one G19 that had a tight chamber. That particular pistol was built in the 2020 covid-era, and I speculate that Glock QAQC slipped a little during that timeframe. I recently installed a KKM barrel in that gun and now it tolerates my reloads without any complaints.

I have no experience with CZ, but a few different HK pistols will run these reloads with no problems at all.

I don't shoot off a rest, so I can't provide any comparable accuracy data. My reloads shoot mid-90's on a B8 at 25 yards, for whatever that's worth.

At 25 yards the 147gr HST has a different POI than my 145 gr reloads, so they're not a perfect substitute.

n/m, misread the question
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

I use HST 147 JHP in Beretta PX4 and M9 commercial, HK P2000, Glock 17 and 26 with 100% function in all.

Just to clarify, in my above post I am referring to factory loaded HST. Maybe someone can give you an OAL of the HST 147 jhp factory round as a point of reference.

Quote Originally Posted by JAH 3rd View Post
    Just to clarify, in my above post I am referring to factory loaded HST. Maybe someone can give you an OAL of the HST 147 jhp factory round as a point of reference.
    We could, but it really won't help because bullet curvature differs among brands. It's straightforward to figure out the OAL where the ogive hits the end of the chamber. Seat ~0.005 deeper, and carry on. Obviously you want to do this with charge weights that are well below max.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

User Tag List