5:30 - 3. Good Draw Grip and Firm Firing Grip
    10:35 - 4. Trying to Buy Skill
    13:30 - 5. Speed will Make up for Accuracy
    16:45 - 6. Tuning a Gun until it doesn't Work
    21:25 - 7. Carrying a gun as a Lucky Charm
    24:50 - The Shooter's Seven Deadly Sins

Watched it last night. Good stuff.

Site Supporter
    Most of the points are pretty, standard sensible things. Don't practice - well known, small guns are hard to shoot, modify the gun (boy, do I know guys!) to uselessness, speed vs. accuracy and the great gamer debate and DA STREETZ.

I do disagree with their possibilities vs. probability argument. I don't think they really have a handle on reasonable risk cut offs and just go for the close in mugger as most likely, so they hint at ignoring the more extreme horror shows out there. Maybe for naive folks, they really should get the basic close in things down but by p-f levels, there's more to it. Also, yes the small guns are hard to shoot but in our recent J vs 9mm pocket gun thread points out that many factors point the small guns BUT you need to come up to speed with them.

If we were doing probabilities vs possibilities, why carry at all?
    That said, I enjoyed listening to Bill Wilson, who sells guns with a starting price over $3000, triggers under 4 lbs, and unloaded weight rarely under 30 oz regardless of a caliber, to lament about people buying skills.
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    If we were doing probabilities vs possibilities, why carry at all?
    That said, I enjoyed listening to Bill Wilson, who sells guns with a starting price over $3000, triggers under 4 lbs, and unloaded weight rarely under 30 oz regardless of a caliber, to lament about people buying skills.
    Good to see I was not the only one who picked up on that gem of irony.
    Taking a break from social media.

Site Supporter
    Re: The idea of buying skill. Never apologize for being a consumer. The firearms industry flourishes because no one wants to live alone with a single bone stock 1911A1 or Glock 17. Consumerism rules. It cuts against everything and makes our lives better. It is individual freedom. Also, from Kabul to Kinshasa, from Los Angeles to Lagos, from Montreal to Mexico City, from Sydney to Syracuse, it is what everyone wants. Let no one stand in your way.

Site Supporter
    Lots of old men yell at clouds podcasts lately. I can speak as clouds do annoy me nowadays.

I've seen the video posted on a couple other forums (have not watched it) - that said; OP is the 1st (only) person I've seen list the 7.
    Good job OP.
    Strive to carry the handgun you would want anywhere, everywhere; forget that good area bullcrap.
    "Wouldn't want to / Nobody volunteer to" get shot by _____ is not indicative of quickly incapacitating.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    Lots of old men yell at clouds podcasts lately. I can speak as clouds do annoy me nowadays.
    I'm very much enjoying my clouds today.

Name:  20220905_153557.jpg
Views: 268
Size:  35.5 KB
    Taking a break from social media.

#4 Trying to buy skill, I have seen countless times. Aftermarket Glock triggers are all the rage. Just learn how to shoot the stock Glock.

A skilled shooter should be able to pick up any gun apply the fundamentals and shoot it well.

Somewhere in the video (watched it days ago) Ken mentioned people who have a range gun and a carry gun that are different. I trained with a guy years ago who would shoot the class with a G19 and when it came time for the qualifying test he would switch to a G34.

User Tag List