Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Dark Winds

Dark Winds

New series available on Prime. Set in the SW — Utah/Arizona. My wife and I are very much enjoying it, through the first three episodes we have watched.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

I liked it. I reread some Hillerman and it’s a mishmash of three or four of his books. I asked a Navajo friend about it. She hadn’t seen it yet but people she knew said the Navajo isn’t spoken very well. Lots of revolver action in it.
    Just a dog chauffeur that used to hold the dumb end of the leash.

I enjoyed it.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

We enjoyed it, though the final episode and wrap up seemed rushed and not well thought out. That said, I'd watch another season.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Site Supporter
    I recorded it on DVR when it was being broadcast. I've only watched one episode so far.

I didn't hate it, but I also didn't get sucked in. I did enjoy the cinematography and location having just come back from a vacation out there when it first aired.

I might get through the whole season if it's on Prime now. I can have it playing in a window while I do other things on the computer. Finding time to sit in front of a TV is challenging.
    ETA: So much for that idea. It's on Prime, but you need to add AMC+ to see more than the first episode.

Chris

Added link to OP, I've been on the fence about this one for a while, but I trust GJM.
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Added link to OP, I've been on the fence about this one for a while, but I trust GJM.
    My wife and I love the awesome setting of Southern Utah and Northern Arizona.

Revolver work much better than on the Joe Pickett series also on Paramount+.

Every time Pickett un-asses his state warden pickup/thinks a threat may be eminent he opens his revolver's cylinder to ensure it's loaded.
    "Backstabbers and window-lickers rise to the top of human organizations like oxygen-rich turds in a champagne fountain. I suspect it's been that way since at least the Bronze Age." _ Me. 2016

Quote Originally Posted by coldcase1984 View Post
    Revolver work much better than on the Joe Pickett series also on Paramount+.

Every time Pickett un-asses his state warden pickup/thinks a threat may be eminent he opens his revolver's cylinder to ensure it's loaded.
    That is so annoying.

Site Supporter
    Enjoyed both Dark Winds and JP. Thought the acting amongst the leads was all quite solid.

I have liked David Allen Greer since In Living Color. He played the former game warden quite well imho.
    I am not your attorney. I am not giving legal advice. Any and all opinions expressed are personal and my own and are not those of any employer-past, present or future.

User Tag List