Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Reload practice

Quote Originally Posted by JAD View Post
    Reloads are really rare IRL, and even in competition they aren't a huge chunk of your time, so I think one can be judicious in how much they sacrifice for speed.
    I agree about IRL but for competition it depends on what you're shooting. If your shooting a double stack 9 with 15-20 round mags it's probably not that big of deal.

6 shot revolvers or single stack then it does. A stage you shoot with no reloads takes 2 reloads for me.

For me with a 1911 on easy shots my shoot reload shoot times are 2-3 seconds. With revolvers, especially when rounds don't seat all the way take 4-6 seconds. That's an added 8-12 seconds.

Part of this is me competing with guns and gear that's not competition based against guys with comp rigs, optics, 18rd plus magazines so I see a pretty big difference.

A lot of the dry fire work I do factors in reloads. That's pretty straight forward with revolvers using dummy rounds and speed loaders. With a 1911 I draw shoot then pull the slide back, reload while moving to another spot. Then repeat.

If I'm working on livefire/ reloads I like to vary the amount of rounds in my magazines so I don't train my brain to reload after 1 round.

I have been working on last round reloads now allowed in IDPA.
    Code Name: JET STREAM

User Tag List