Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: CZ manufacturing rumors

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    If this portends the end of the DW 1911, I’m glad I saw the light and got my pair in time.
    That would be very disappointing.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Site Supporter
    If this means Colt will be responsible for the production of the DWX (if it ever releases) then you can put me firmly in the camp of those who no longer wish for the release of the DWX.

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

Part of me wants this to be true because if so it's the most Colt thing they could do. "Back to back bankruptcy champions" is spot on.

They really should just move, lock stock and barrel, to Florida because they are the FloridaMan of gun manufacturers. Keep the union because I just want to see what happens. They should just show up at Kel-Tec and move in. And then tell them they're not paying rent. Then maybe let a gator loose on the floor because fuck you that's why.

All the while some CZ exec just watches, realizing for the first time that this train doesn't have brakes.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by 45dotACP View Post
    My experience with the Colt Commander is bad enough that I will never buy another Colt 1911

The principle I've found with my Colt being it would add up to the cost of a Dan Wesson to get it to work the way I wanted.

So I guess that's why Colts gonna nuke the DW line.

But the jokes on them. Springfield, Kimber, and Ruger all make a far superior 1911 in my experience.

How bad was your colt experience? I’m only interested in series 80 1911s, and Colt is the only serious player in that market.

The discontinued list is pretty blurry for me, but it might be my phone.

If this means Dan Wesson is history, I will never again buy a CZ or Colt product.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

I thought the point of the exercise was to make Colt more like CZ/ Dan Wesson, not the reverse.

What happened?
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Quote Originally Posted by Joe in PNG View Post
    I thought the point of the exercise was to make Colt more like CZ/ Dan Wesson, not the reverse.

What happened?
    Money.... Money, spreadsheets and quarterly returns is what happened... like everything else in the modern world the product and the customer doesn't really matter in the end, only the goddamned rate of return to the investors.

Bet.
    "So strong is this propensity of mankind, to fall into mutual animosities, that where no substantial occasion presents itself, the most frivolous and fanciful distinctions have been sufficient to kindle their unfriendly passions, and excite their most violent conflicts." - James Madison, Federalist No 10

Quote Originally Posted by rcbusmc24 View Post
    Money.... Money, spreadsheets and quarterly returns is what happened... like everything else in the modern world the product and the customer doesn't really matter in the end, only the goddamned rate of return to the investors.

Bet.
    This, and without considering any long term results. This is how companies like Remington, Winchester, et al end up in the crapper.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe in PNG View Post

What happened?
    You know how sometimes you date a sort of fat chick and she goes to the gym with you a ton and her booty is just RIDICULOUS after a year or so of squats?

Yeah that never happens also.

As for my experience with Colt, I got the accuracy of a first gen M&P9, the rattle of a WWII Era service grade 1911, and one would think that means reliability, but the gun would bounce cases off my forehead if it ejected them at all.

And the trigger was 6lbs

The gun had a cool retro style I liked...but it was simply a beautiful lie.

I've put enough money into making it work that I should have just bought a Dan Wesson.

Quote Originally Posted by 45dotACP View Post
    You know how sometimes you date a sort of fat chick and she goes to the gym with you a ton and her booty is just RIDICULOUS after a year or so of squats?
    Yeah that never happens also.

As for my experience with Colt, I got the accuracy of a first gen M&P9, the rattle of a WWII Era service grade 1911, and one would think that means reliability, but the gun would bounce cases off my forehead if it ejected them at all.
    And the trigger was 6lbs
    The gun had a cool retro style I liked...but it was simply a beautiful lie.
    I've put enough money into making it work that I should have just bought a Dan Wesson.
    I own a WC 9mm LW Commander, but my experience has been a lot more positive- it's an accurate gun with a pretty nice trigger that could admittedly have better ejection. And it's a bit fussy about feeding the first round from a full 9 round mag.

My hope was that CZ could sprinkle some of that DW magic on the product line, but that doesn't seem likely now. I'll probably end up with a Springer EMP eventually.

User Tag List