Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: CZ manufacturing rumors

Quote Originally Posted by rcbusmc24 View Post
    Money.... Money, spreadsheets and quarterly returns is what happened... like everything else in the modern world the product and the customer doesn't really matter in the end, only the goddamned rate of return to the investors.

Bet.
    I think someone, maybe @Clusterfrack had something about not wanting to need a machinist because it's not a hobby in their sig line and I remember typing up a big response and thinking 'Well, it'll become clear' and deleting it.

Mostly involved reasons that your post makes clear.

I just cant see them discontinuing the SHADOW 2, P-01,P-07, P-10 but they are on the list. Is this legit?

Quote Originally Posted by psalms144.1 View Post
    For us old boomers - how can we blow up that "discontinued" list? I can't read it even with readers on!
    Trust me, you don’t want to read the list.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Considering the deal that CZ struck with Colt's management to allow them to stay in charge of Colt - Which includes several performance metrics for sales and military contracts - and considering Colt hasn't delivered on any of those - I am dubious as to the claim, "Colt Management has taken over CZ-USA." I suspect this is more of a general consolidation of multiple offices and supply chain things.

Let's get a couple of things clear:

1) CZ-USA has needed an overhaul for the better part of 15-years. CZ-USA has had a terrible tendency to release new products, spin them up, and then discontinue them ~24-months later.
    2) Dan Wesson has been the exact same way.

The number of moribund CZ SKUs sort of makes my head spin. And the number of 75 variants upon variants makes HK LEMs seem simple.

Say what we will about Colt, they have made the same six SKUs for the past sixty years. Okay, I'm being hyperbolic, but Colt as a whole tends to have a smaller number of models and sub-models. We might argue for the worse (low product diversity), but arguably for the better (simpler logistics).

As for Dan Wesson - well, maybe I'm bitter, grumpy, and bitter and grumpy - but someone call me when they are actually shipping fucking guns - Do they even make guns anymore? Dan Wesson is like a hot girl at the club. She threatens you with a good time, you dance with her, get her number, think she's 'the one' - then you call her a couple of times and hear nothing. 28-months goes by and you run into her at the club and find out she just got out of jail serving 27-months for vehicular manslaughter - now she has Hep C and an Aryan Sisterhood tramp stamp...

Or something...my analogy fell down there at the end...but I mean - the DWX is basically 2020-2022's Hudson H9.

If CZolt keeps this up, I'mma prolly have to get a SA Parody instead.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Quote Originally Posted by Joe in PNG View Post
    If CZolt keeps this up, I'mma prolly have to get a SA Parody instead.
    Let's not Czuck out the baby with the bathwater. We really aren't sure that the Reddit AMA Czode wasn't just being a Czucklehead.

Also, maybe I'm just getting old and cranky, but back in the day - one did not cash a severance Czeck, sign a non-disparagement agreement, and then decide to host an Reddit AMA. That is, as the kids would say, "Not very cash money of you, bro."

Quote Originally Posted by Joe in PNG View Post
    I thought the point of the exercise was to make Colt more like CZ/ Dan Wesson, not the reverse.

What happened?
    Colt's management five seconds after the ink dries on the deal:

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    CZ-USA has had a terrible tendency to release new products, spin them up, and then discontinue them ~24-months later.
    Hey, it works for Sig.

Even if the Reddit person is not a complete troll having fun with the world, nobody on the outside actually knows the numbers. What products and operations actually make money. What the sales volumes actually are. What the forecasts actually are. In the end that will drive consolidation decisions and product line decisions. While Dan Wesson makes a great product and I own nearly half a dozen, I have always wondered if they were making money being in the middle of the price range between mass production and the hand crafted guys, because their guns are mostly on par with the hand crafted guys. And the DW shop up in NY is a small operation in a high tax, high cost state.

Isn't Colt owned now by yet another predatory management group?
    #RESIST

User Tag List