Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: CZ manufacturing rumors

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    Considering the deal that CZ struck with Colt's management to allow them to stay in charge of Colt - Which includes several performance metrics for sales and military contracts - and considering Colt hasn't delivered on any of those - I am dubious as to the claim, "Colt Management has taken over CZ-USA." I suspect this is more of a general consolidation of multiple offices and supply chain things.

CZ-USA has needed an overhaul for the better part of 15-years. CZ-USA has had a terrible tendency to release new products, spin them up, and then discontinue them ~24-months later.
    Do they do that? I mean the most recently released product is what...the P10? While it sure isn't a Glock Killah, it seems to be in production still. And I haven't seen any rainbow titanium P07s yet.

Basically it sounds to me like CZ got the leadership equivalent of syphilis from Colt and I worry Dan Wesson will be the deformed children born unto them.

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by 45dotACP View Post
    Do they do that? I mean the most recently released product is what...the P10? While it sure isn't a Glock Killah, it seems to be in production still. And I haven't seen any rainbow titanium P07s yet.

Basically it sounds to me like CZ got the leadership equivalent of syphilis from Colt and I worry Dan Wesson will be the deformed children born unto them.

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk
    22 pages of discontinued products: https://cz-usa.com/product-category/discontinued/

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    So I had better get my EVO3 sooner than later?

I need to snag another Dan Wesson 1911.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    22 pages of discontinued products: https://cz-usa.com/product-category/discontinued/
    There's stuff there that was discontinued in 2011, maybe older. Much of it was just specific SKUs, not whole product lines.

I have a CZ rimfire that they only did two production runs of, ever, and only one of those runs came to the US. Not bitter about them not making more.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    There's stuff there that was discontinued in 2011, maybe older. Much of it was just specific SKUs, not whole product lines.
    Yes and I noted that this has been the situation with CZ-USA for about 15-years now. 22-pages of discontinued guns going back to 2009 emphasizes that point.

That many of these guns have a run, two, or three, and then a specific model is discontinued, doesn't really change the point. They aren't advertised as 'limited edition' or 'distributor runs'. They're introduced as generally available models and subsequently dropped, often within 3-years.

That's be an MO for CZ-USA for about...15-years now. It's been the same MO for Dan Wesson since CZ bought them out.

By contrast, Colt does Limited Edition or Distributor Runs, but otherwise has effectively the same core product line that it has had since the AWB Sunset.
    ___

Also, folks are getting whipped up in a tizzy overall. The now-deleted Reddit noted - no more USA produced P10s, that the Scorpion EVO3 is going out of production to make way for the EVO4, and that BRENs won't be imported anymore.

1) No more USA produced P10s ≠ no more P10s
    2) EVO3 being replaced by EVO4
    3) No more BRENs - I don't know how many BRENs they've sold in the US, but I've literally never seen one in person.

1) CZ-USA has needed an overhaul for the better part of 15-years. CZ-USA has had a terrible tendency to release new products, spin them up, and then discontinue them ~24-months later.
    The RAMI was discontinued after 18 years or so, the P07 has been around 20 years now? The 75 had been around since… well you get the point. Evo3 started in 09 so a teenager now? They import their shotguns to my knowledge so I don’t fault them for changing product lines or SKUs on that - and they do limited editions on all products (which aren’t advertised correctly to you but I’m in agreement with Olong and 45dotACP, I doubt more than a small percentage of their customer base is affected by that). I know they recently changed their rifle lineup, hopefully it will pan out for the better. I wager on your link of discontinued models they have anniversary editions, red star commie edition, suppressor models, variations on color, etc.

They have created some guns/lineups that didn’t work out, I’m glad they attempted and hopefully learned from it (as all companies should do) but your criticism is shaky on this. I say it as someone who wants an OD Green P10C with OR capabilities and a threaded barrel and a 75 Shadow upper with a 75SA lower and an all steel P01 - not a big deal, IMO, YMMV, etc.
    When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk. -Tuco
    Today is victory over yourself of yesterday... -Miyamoto Musashi

CZ-USA has had a terrible tendency to release new products, spin them up, and then discontinue them ~24-months later.
    That sounds a lot more like FN than CZ.

Quote Originally Posted by fly out View Post
    That sounds a lot more like FN than CZ.
    I remember there was the FN49, the FNX, the FNS, the FNP, the 509, and now a HiPer. Unsure on how parts or magazines interchange or what’s still going and what’s discontinued…
    When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk. -Tuco
    Today is victory over yourself of yesterday... -Miyamoto Musashi

User Tag List