Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13212223

Thread: Pocket Handgun: Small 9mm Auto or 642 Airweight?

Quote Originally Posted by Totem Polar View Post
    Anyone else here think that a modern, alloy reintroduction of the i-frame, with decent sights, in .22LR would be cool for pocket use?

A 6-shot centennial i-frame .22 LR with a decent front sight that weighed, say, 12-13 oz using affordable 642 metallurgy would get my tail wagging.

j vs i:

Give it a double pronged firing pin, a la the 1800s Henry .44 Rimfire for reliability. Although since I used up my Hilary panic .22 Minimags I haven't had any misfires out of my LCP2 .22 or my new LCR .22.

Quote Originally Posted by Totem Polar View Post
    Anyone else here think that a modern, alloy reintroduction of the i-frame, with decent sights, in .22LR would be cool for pocket use?

A 6-shot centennial i-frame .22 LR with a decent front sight that weighed, say, 12-13 oz using affordable 642 metallurgy would get my tail wagging.

j vs i:

I like the thought! If we're looking at unlikely revivals though how about a Newer Departure:

Name:  New Departure v J Frame iii.jpg
Views: 247
Size:  83.0 KB

Chamber in .32 S&W Long (or maybe H&R Mag but unsure how much the top latch can reasonably be strengthened) and .22 LR, modern lightweight alloy, Novak style or other usable sights, lose the grip safety, and clean up the trigger pull. There's got to be, like, dozens of sales just waiting to happen :-)
    no one sees what's written on the spine of his own autobiography.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Half Moon View Post
    I like the thought! If we're looking at unlikely revivals though how about a Newer Departure:

Name:  New Departure v J Frame iii.jpg
Views: 247
Size:  83.0 KB

Chamber in .32 S&W Long (or maybe H&R Mag but unsure how much the top latch can reasonably be strengthened) and .22 LR, modern lightweight alloy, Novak style or other usable sights, lose the grip safety, and clean up the trigger pull. There's got to be, like, dozens of sales just waiting to happen :-)
    I feel like the market for this gun is 10 people be they are all in this thread and would happily buy 2.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe S View Post
    Other than as a snake dispatcher, do you feel like they actually have a reasonable use that a Spyderco Delica can't cover and more? Curious, because that's how I always thought of them.
    1. As a deep concealment backup gun for an individual who feared kidnapping.

2. A lady trying to conceal a gun in revealing, tight-fitting clothing, perhaps in addition to something more potent in a gun purse.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

User Tag List