Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Ruger SFAR (Small frame AR in .308)

Really looking forward to some field test/performance reviews on this rifle.

They've got a 20" version for drill & ceremony!

Okie John
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

This looks really nice, good thing I can't afford it or I'd be tempted to grab one.

Vending Machine Operator
    Quote Originally Posted by mtnbkr View Post
    I was telling my wife about this and after she said "another AR?", she relented and said I should get it.

Crap. Now I need $1200. Anyone want to buy a surly teenager?

Chris
    I also have the problem of a too-enabling significant other (it's a good problem, that's why she got proposed to).

Case in point, on August 9 I decided to go for one full year with no fast food or junky chips (Cheetos, etc.) because I love both and spend too much on both and I'm about 20-30 pounds overweight. In exchange, if I don't break for 52 weeks I get a WBP Fox AK. Already bought ammo and magazines so I'm committed.

When I hit the 3-week mark she said "You've done enough, you should get it." Leaving me to insist that no, no, I have to do what I said BEFORE the reward.

Then when the Beretta CX4 was on sale for $599 for Labor Day, and I already have a large stock of 15, 18, and 30-round 92FS magazines for it, it was up to me to resist because she was like "You should get that while you wait for the AK." This, while she is well aware I have a Glock 22 Gen 5 inbound.

I am not sure how to approach her about being LESS supportive, the relationship books don't cover it...
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

Wow, I didn't realize this had been tried as much as it has or that there would be this much interest in it. I just assumed having AR15 sized bolt and barrel extension would make it less durable, like how you hear about 7.62x39 AR15s having bolt lugs shear off prematurely. I've never had one of either so I'm only going off what I've read around the interwebz.

What I do know is that I very recently got an Aero Precision M5 put together and spent about more money to get a heavier gun with worse furniture.
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

I’m just concerned about how much proprietary stuff this will have. I may do better with a budget AR-10 like a 716i or M&P.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

How different is this from the time DPMS did it?
    #RESIST

I am interested in this one.

I would love to have a lighter weight rifle for hiking and backpacking in .308.

Adjustable gas system is interesting as well.

It will be interesting to see how this one plays out.

Are the 5.56 rifles up to par?

Quote Originally Posted by Navin Johnson View Post
    Are the 5.56 rifles up to par?
    The only experience I have is from a friend who bought the piston SR 556 about 12 years ago when they first came out. It ran out of the box but was on the heavy side. Fit and finish were nice and it came with Troy sights. My understanding is that have gone to all DI now.
    -Seconds Count. Misses Don't-

User Tag List