Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: Ruger SFAR (Small frame AR in .308)

Quote Originally Posted by Jay585 View Post
    I bought one new at a great price, received at my FFL and saw the gas block is crooked and touching the handrail.

Since then it's sat in the box waiting for Trajectory Arms to open the books and for their AR-15 Assembly, Inspection, and Tuning service.

Unfortunately a few days ago they put out a video on IG saying they're closing down that side of the shop and focusing on the production side.

Who's a good AR smith I can send this off to?
    If it were me I'd just call Ruger and let them deal with it.

I bought one new at a great price, received at my FFL and saw the gas block is crooked and touching the handrail.

Since then it's sat in the box waiting for Trajectory Arms to open the books and for their AR-15 Assembly, Inspection, and Tuning service.

Unfortunately a few days ago they put out a video on IG saying they're closing down that side of the shop and focusing on the production side.

Ruger needs to make that right as, in the worst case, the gas port may be drilled off-center which needs a new barrel to fix. Even if it's just a gas block that slipped or wasn't installed right, it's unacceptable for you to have to pay an armorer or gunsmith to fix that. You should call Ruger and send it in.

Another vote to call Ruger and get them to fix it.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

+1 for sending it back. I've had to send 3 or 4 guns back to them and they always made it right. In my experience Ruger does put out more defective guns than most companies but they fix it when they do.
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

@Bigghoss @WobblyPossum @stomridertx @bofe954

Well, sent Ruger a customer service request, I'll see what they say.

Honestly I wanted to have an inspection service/tuning done on it anyway, I was thinking they could fix the numerous issues I've heard about it and maybe eliminate the need for the break in period (IIRC, 200 rounds on setting 2).
    "Well you know, it's a toolbox. You put the tools in for the job." Sam

Now available in 6.5 Creed. Two versions at present:

https://ruger.com/products/sfar/models.html

Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    Now available in 6.5 Creed. Two versions at present:

https://ruger.com/products/sfar/models.html
    I have one on the way, been waiting for the 6.5 version.

User Tag List