Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Ruger SFAR (Small frame AR in .308)

Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    1: what does it use for buffer and spring? Is it a common length and/or will stuff like the VLTOR A5 work?
    Did you ever figure this out?

Quote Originally Posted by EzGoingKev View Post
    Did you ever figure this out?
    Sorry. No. I haven't.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    I picked up a 16" model on Tuesday, got it out to the range this afternoon. I pulled the Burris RT-6 off my Colt for now, but will eventually mount an 8x or 10x LPVO to help out my aging eyes...should be able to close those groups up considerably with MOAH POWAH!

I put @ 80 rounds through it total, left it in the #2 gas setting...only issue I had was the bolt failing to lock back on an empty magazine a few times.

Quote Originally Posted by kwb377 View Post
    I picked up a 16" model on Tuesday, got it out to the range this afternoon. I pulled the Burris RT-6 off my Colt for now, but will eventually mount an 8x or 10x LPVO to help out my aging eyes...should be able to close those groups up considerably with MOAH POWAH!

I put @ 80 rounds through it total, left it in the #2 gas setting...only issue I had was the bolt failing to lock back on an empty magazine a few times.

I'd be perfectly happy with any of those groups in an AR10. I've got the wants for an SFAR in a bad way...

Got one! LGS had 5% off for black friday and I made an impulse buy.

I quickly threw a primary arms 1-6 on it and grabbed a couple boxes of cheap ammo. Did a very rough zero because it was -7 degrees and my hands just don’t work like they used to.

Put a sheet of paper at 15 and one at 100.

Here is the 100 yard paper with some pretty quick (for me) about 1.5-2 second splits standing shots. Just letting the acss reticle fall back onto target and pressing trigger.

I did about 20 rounds at the 15 yard paper on 1x power with similar results but pretty quick splits. Then got back in the warm car!

Im not a huge AR guy and have never shot a AR10 but i gotta say this gun handles nicely for me.

When the weather warms up i will sit at a bench and try for some better precision.

Site Supporter
    I handled one today at the local shop. Very light and handy.

Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Review reports accuracy and reliability problems. Not likely to replace my SCAR 17 soon.

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/...ew-ruger-sfar/
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Review reports accuracy and reliability problems. Not likely to replace my SCAR 17 soon.

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/...ew-ruger-sfar/
    Seems like everyone I know with AR10 pattern firearms experiences gas system reliability or tuning issues, despite origin. It's kept me from messing with them.

Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

User Tag List