Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Illinois Chiefs of police statement on SAFE-T act

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    I almost put a big sign on the back of the U-Haul when I left, but I figured why bother? My luck I’d attract the attention of an activist state trooper (yes, I ran across a few when I was with County.)

I doubt you'd have anything to worry about. Officers of that ilk don't make many stops.

Boy I can't wait to see how the crime stats play out as a result of this nonsense.

Not having read the bill, I imagine there's some manner of exceptions carved out for protective details and the like. I'd pay money to see a politician on their way out make a hard push to have protective details of the privileged elite made into little more than overpaid observers for their principals so that such elitist clowns don't continue to enjoy special protection from problems they've contributed to.
    “Conspiracy theories are just spoiler alerts these days.”

Quote Originally Posted by feudist View Post
    That's a bold new level of retardation.
    I know people say they can't change states, jobs, schools, leave family, etc, but it's best to get out before you're trying to hang onto the skids of the last helo.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Site Supporter
    There is an effort to get this law either rescinded or at least modified. 100 States Attorneys out 102 Statewide recommended that this law not be passed due to the obvious damage it will cause. They passed it anyway and Pritzker signed it into law. This law was written by the Black Caucus aka the political arm of the black gangsters in Chicago. It's all about protecting the gangs, nothing else.

Someone mentioned Pritzker being a potential candidate for the White House. That's absolutely spot on. That's his ultimate goal. He is extremely bad news and if you think Biden is bad and Pritzker gets in, look out. Pritzker will make Biden look like a Cub Scout when it comes to bad laws. working against the interest of the people etc. He recently signed a bill into law that mandates that transgenderism, anal and oral sex be taught in grade schools. I promise you that if the day ever comes and it could, that JB Pritzker wins the White House we will all be saying we wish Joe Biden was back in. Did I mention that Pritzker is bad news? I was wrong. He is horrific news.

Thats got George Soros written all over it.
    Are you loyal to the constitution or the “institution”?

I don’t understand this. Living in California, I’ve seen the result of progressive policies:

When Democrats took super majority in the assembly and state senate (1990’s), draconian gun laws and higher taxes followed
    No bail and reducing felonies to misdemeanors, tragic results
    Elimination of ICE cooperation between local law enforcement , creation is “safe cities”, tragic results
    Elimination of parole (AB109), huge uptick in repeat offenders and release of thousands of sex offenders
    Cities covered in trash and thousands of homeless encampments.

I hope other states look at California and learn what not to do. You folks in “free states”, good luck.

As a "neighbor" of IL, I certainly hope these ideas aren't catching.

Not a lot of "good" places left to move if Indiana goes sideways.

Site Supporter
    I like Indiana, particularly the Mishawaka/Shipshewana area. We go out there at least twice a year. But what I worry about is settling into any particular area and then see the politics change. Don't forget how close DeSantis came to losing the first election. A few thousand more votes and the other guy would have won. Thank God it didn't happen. There is a big push in the CPD to relocate post retirement to Indiana. Maybe one day.

Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddy View Post
    There is an effort to get this law either rescinded or at least modified. 100 States Attorneys out 102 Statewide recommended that this law not be passed due to the obvious damage it will cause. They passed it anyway and Pritzker signed it into law. This law was written by the Black Caucus aka the political arm of the black gangsters in Chicago. It's all about protecting the gangs, nothing else.

Someone mentioned Pritzker being a potential candidate for the White House. That's absolutely spot on. That's his ultimate goal. He is extremely bad news and if you think Biden is bad and Pritzker gets in, look out. Pritzker will make Biden look like a Cub Scout when it comes to bad laws. working against the interest of the people etc. He recently signed a bill into law that mandates that transgenderism, anal and oral sex be taught in grade schools. I promise you that if the day ever comes and it could, that JB Pritzker wins the White House we will all be saying we wish Joe Biden was back in. Did I mention that Pritzker is bad news? I was wrong. He is horrific news.
    What law is that? Bill number or name I can look up please. I live in Illinois and have 3 young kids so I have a vested interest in this and a big problem with it.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
    What law is that? Bill number or name I can look up please. I live in Illinois and have 3 young kids so I have a vested interest in this and a big problem with it.
    https://icjia.illinois.gov/researchh...sponsibilities

Link there to download the bill in pdf
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

User Tag List