Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Pistol Red Dot Batteries

Quote Originally Posted by BK14 View Post
    Cowan’s white paper tracks battery failures. Last I checked, Duracell had the lowest failure rate, so all I run is Duracell.
    I looked at his white paper but didn't see the battery evaluations?
    Are you loyal to the constitution or the “institution”?

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Blackburn View Post
    I looked at his white paper but didn't see the battery evaluations?
    I’m not seeing an individual tracking, just a general statement of his tracking:

Page 17 of this (https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/fil...Use2028129.pdf) edition states:

“It is worth noting that multiple battery failures occurred during testing on multiple MRDS, however all noted battery failures were with Energizer and Sony brand batteries and each failure was well before the quoted battery life of the optic they were mounted in. Duracell brand batteries have only failed when charge was exhausted to date.”

Quote Originally Posted by Chain View Post
    Are Duracell wafer-format batteries better than their AA/AAA type? For me it seemed that in the cylinder-format they are prone to leak acid earlier than Energizer.

Thinking out loud, that may have been all alkaline ... maybe lithium is a different story?
    You got it right— very different products both in chemistry and format. I don’t know how it’s done, but I wouldn’t be shocked to learn that they use subcons for either or both product lines.
    Ignore Alien Orders

Looks like Duracell has medical device line too. I wonder what the differences are between standard, procell, and medical.

So it looks like the batteries of choice are:

Coin Style batteries it’s Duracell

CR123 it’s Panasonic

AA & AAA it’s Energizer
    Are you loyal to the constitution or the “institution”?

The child-safe Duracells with the bitter coating will not power my RMR. They do work in my H1, T2, and P2.

Quote Originally Posted by ssb View Post
    The child-safe Duracells with the bitter coating will not power my RMR. They do work in my H1, T2, and P2.
    That’s odd because they power all three of mine as well as maybe 20 or more I’ve installed.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    IME the best PMO batteries are Renata. They’re a Swiss brand but easily available via Amazon.

2nd choice Duracell.

3rd - Energizer.

IME the difference between these 3 is battery life with Renata providing the longest.
    I bought Renatas from Amazon. Picture in the listing showed Swiss Made. Batteries I received were made in China. I’ve got them in a couple of red dots now, working fine but not long enough to test their longevity.
    The first indication a bad guy should have that I'm dangerous is when his
    disembodied soul is looking down at his own corpse wondering what happened.

Quote Originally Posted by LtDave View Post
    I bought Renatas from Amazon. Picture in the listing showed Swiss Made. Batteries I received were made in China. I’ve got them in a couple of red dots now, working fine but not long enough to test their longevity.
    Some of their stuff is made in CH, some in PRC. 2032s are a commodity and they probably make them all in the worker's paradise.
    Ignore Alien Orders

Thanks to the information in this thread, just got a shipment of Duracell 1632s as replacements, and will run them as my default choice forward.

Best, Jon

User Tag List