Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Pistol Red Dot Batteries

So I take it the concensus is Duracell is best?

I've now run cheap chinesium, Panasonic, and Duracell. Each has gone right at 4 months of daily use, setting 8-10 (Swampfox Justice).

The Duracell is, so far, going longer past the low battery indicator (other 2 were 5 days, this one's still going at 8 days past).

Energizer possibly any better? Or is Duracell the top?

Quote Originally Posted by ssb View Post
    The child-safe Duracells with the bitter coating will not power my RMR. They do work in my H1, T2, and P2.
    You have to scratch the coating off to make it work in some lower current applications. Hit both sides of the cell with green Scotchbrite and it solves the continuity problem.

For 2032 I only use Maxell made in Japan.

I bought a new Aimpoint H2 this week, it arrived Wednesday and I installed the Aimpoint supplied Duracell 2032. Picked up the gun last night and no dot. I replaced it with a Renata and dot is on again. Just goes to show that nothing is infallible and that’s why I have extra batteries stashed here and there.

I pulled the battery and put it on my tester. At first it showed good but quickly started falling. Might be a little nervous that the sight is drawing too much but time will tell. My wife is a diabetic and wears an insulin pump, we have been shocked at how many bad batteries come straight out of the package. Duracell and Energizer lithium both.

I've seen at least one review/test in which Energizer batteries failed under recoil, and Duracell was recommended.
    I can't point to it right now, but if you google around you might find it.

Quote Originally Posted by ssb View Post
    The child-safe Duracells with the bitter coating will not power my RMR. They do work in my H1, T2, and P2.
    I had this problem with child-safe Duracells in Apple AirTags. I called Duracell customer service, they explained that they updated the bitter coating to one the does not degrade it battery performance. They sent me free replacements for the six I purchased. I would not recommend scratching off the coating, just ask for the upgraded ones.
    "Government is not reason, it is not eloquence, it is force; like fire, a troublesome servant and a fearful master"

Well, I just switched to Duracell's industrial line (Procell) for CR2032's. No coating removal needed.

Besides NOT being saddled with the coating, they have the added benefit of as much as an extra 40 mAh capacity (265 mAh) vs regular commercial Duracells (225-230 mAh depending on country of origin) as well as a slightly wider service temperature range, and if you have a business account with an industrial supply such as Grainger, they work out to about the same price.

Is there a Procell cr1632? Searched, didnt find one.

Quote Originally Posted by ViniVidivici View Post
    Is there a Procell cr1632? Searched, didnt find one.
    There is not. The Duracell Procell line is focused on sizes commonly used in critical and industrial applications, and the 1632 is not generally used in those applications.

For this type of battery, the line is limited to the 20XX series of cells.

Quote Originally Posted by cosermann View Post
    I've seen at least one review/test in which Energizer batteries failed under recoil, and Duracell was recommended.
    I can't point to it right now, but if you google around you might find it.
    I have seen at least one video where Scott Jedlinski said Energized batteries have problems, and that he prefers Duracell. I don't recall the reasons given.

User Tag List