Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Source for screws - HS407/507

Source for screws - HS407/507

Does anyone have a reputable source for 6-32x5/16", and 4-40x1/4", 90 degree torx drive flat head screws?

I need spare screws for a 407CO mounted to a Dagger slide, and a 507 Vulcan (eventually 507COMP) mounted to a C&H PWS plate, on an MOS slide. I can only find 82 degree screws, and it's my understanding Holosun optics need 90 degree screws.

Thanks in advance for any help.

I think those type of screws are called fillister (sp?) screws. Have you tried contacting Holosun for replacements. McMaster Carr is also a good source, but I don’t know it they have fillister head screws. I’ve been able to find odds sized screws off of Etsy.

I use McMaster-Carr screws with the 82° head. I’ve shot tens of thousands of rounds through various guns using those screws and I have never had an issue. I’ve mounted dozens of optics using those screws and have heard a very few issues as long as people use the correct diameter head and mount correctly.

This includes (in my guns alone):

4 x 407Cs
    5 x 507Cs
    2 x EPS Carry’s
    1 x 407A
    1 c 407CO
    … and a couple old model bottom-load 407Cs.
    I have a few more 407C/507C and a 508T that are waiting to go on guns. They’ll get the MC screws as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Pnut View Post
    I think those type of screws are called fillister (sp?) screws. Have you tried contacting Holosun for replacements. McMaster Carr is also a good source, but I don’t know it they have fillister head screws. I’ve been able to find odds sized screws off of Etsy.
    Holosun so sending me some, but hat will only be the 6-32, not the 4-40, as the latter are for the C&HPWS plate.

I'd like source my own, so I'm not begging HS for screws, or paying C&HPWS $8+shipping per pair, any time I need to remount an opitic.

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalDep View Post
    I use McMaster-Carr screws with the 82° head . . .
    Good to know. Thanks.

Seller xcontrols on ebay has a good variety of screws available.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    Seller xcontrols on ebay has a good variety of screws available.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    Also, good to know. Thanks.

McMaster-Carr.

You can get various strength levels and even high strength stainless. I tend to stick with the alloy steel oxide finished because they tend to be higher strength. With MC you know what you are getting (you can even get material certifications if you want it) and not taking a chance on it being some Chinese rubber steel screw like at the big box store.

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan1980 View Post
    McMaster-Carr.

You can get various strength levels and even high strength stainless. I tend to stick with the alloy steel oxide finished because they tend to be higher strength. With MC you know what you are getting (you can even get material certifications if you want it) and not taking a chance on it being some Chinese rubber steel screw like at the big box store.
    You just have to be careful with the head diameter of the alloy steel screws. They are wider than the 18-8 stainless screws and while I think they can force past the aluminum walls of the 407C/507C (maybe), they will fail on the titanium 508Ts because they can’t fully seat. They (alloy steel) work GREAT on RMRs and SROs.

For Holosun 407/507/508 full size optics I use the McMaster 18-8 stainless screws with “great success”.

Why is this so damn difficult?

I ordered the screws from McMaster Carr, 6-32x5/16" and 4-40x1/4" Torx flat head, 18-8 stainless. The heads are too big!

Side note: I also asked Holosun to sell me 8 spare screws, and two spare battery covers. They refused my repeated requests to pay, and said they would send it all gratis. A few days later (same day the screws arrived from Mcmaster) I got four screws, and no battery covers.

User Tag List