Thread: T2 Micro vs Acro P2 vs RMR for Secondary Rifle Sight?

T2 Micro vs Acro P2 vs RMR for Secondary Rifle Sight?

If you had a 308 precision carbine with a magnified scope as the main optic, and you wanted a secondary optic, in the form of a red dot sight, what would you pick? The RDS will be mounted in top of the magnified optic.

I'm price insensitive for this build and I think the only three contenders are T2, P2, and RMR. I'm open to other options as long as the reason isn't to save a few hundred dollars. I want the best, regardless of price for this particular setup.

RMR is about 1oz
    P2 is about 2oz
    T2 is about 4oz

I'm not sure how much I really care about weight since the gun is massive regardless. But of course it's a consideration.

Night vision use is a consideration.

Durability is probably my biggest concern, which would put the T2 on top but I rarely see anyone mounting T2 as secondary optic on big boy carbines so I'll take this as a clue that I should go RMR or P2. But my instinct is T2.

T2 is the answer. I wouldn't want an open emitter pistol optic on a rifle, so that rules out the RMR. Not sure what the P2 gives you that the T2 doesn't - so I'd go with what "we" know works.

Quote Originally Posted by psalms144.1 View Post
    T2 is the answer. I wouldn't want an open emitter pistol optic on a rifle, so that rules out the RMR. Not sure what the P2 gives you that the T2 doesn't - so I'd go with what "we" know works.
    P-2 gives you smaller size, less weight, lower cost, possibly tougher housing (6061 vs. 7075), and slightly easier mounting (since you don't need to come in from the bottom to mount the optic to the mount itself first, though a pretty minor point). T-2 gives you a longer track record, metal battery cap, more intuitive brightness adjustment (rheostat vs. buttons), and at least for now, better availability.

I think it's a bit of a wash, though I would lean a bit more toward the T-2 simply due to easy of adjustment. I currently use ACRO P-1s at 1200 on my LPVO guns, but that's driven by the fact that I had them and they weren't being used for anything else, and with the Spuhr ISMS the ACRO mounting solution is a bit cleaner than the Micro.

User Tag List