Thread: PX4 backstop retainer clip

PX4 backstop retainer clip

I've had some trouble with the metal clip that holds the backstrap in place working its way out. Typically it's protruding a quarter inch or so when I get out my range gun out of the safe and do a double take: "I didn't think this came with a lanyard loop!?"

Wondering if anyone else has had this issue and found a solution.

Wire you walking?

Quote Originally Posted by Gun Nerd View Post
    I've had some trouble with the metal clip that holds the backstrap in place working its way out. Typically it's protruding a quarter inch or so when I get out my range gun out of the safe and do a double take: "I didn't think this came with a lanyard loop!?"

Wondering if anyone else has had this issue and found a solution.
    On rare occasion I have seen where the backstrap retention wire will walk out a little bit in a shooting session. We have always been able to resolve this by removing the wire, making sure that it is dry and then spreading the stems out a little bit, stretching it out and then putting it back in. That little bit of stretching out has always fixed that for us.

Quote Originally Posted by PX4 Storm Tracker View Post
    On rare occasion I have seen where the backstrap retention wire will walk out a little bit in a shooting session. We have always been able to resolve this by removing the wire, making sure that it is dry and then spreading the stems out a little bit, stretching it out and then putting it back in. That little bit of stretching out has always fixed that for us.
    Thanks, I'll give that a try. I've only seen it on my range gun, which has about three times as many rounds through it as my carry gun (which has been to Boresight).

User Tag List