Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Real World Use of Your EDC Carry Knife!

I opened a lot of MREs in IRAQ with mine. LOL

Just used mine to scrape out an extremely small splinter.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

This is mine. So mostly to open beer bottles when not at home. Occasionally tighten a screw on my holster. The blade sees very little use. Two weeks ago I used it a BBQ to cut food when I couldn't find the plastic utensils. That's about it. I only cary it when I'm out. At home I have a gazillion other knives and scissors for opening or cutting random stuff. So it's basically a large bottle opener

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

About a year ago, I had to use mine to put down a sick, mangy raccoon wandering near a house with a small senior dog. One quick thrust severed its spinal cord, along with the major vessels in its neck. Firearms weren’t an option and I didn’t want to bludgeon it to death.

Benchmade Griptillian, most everything above and I'll add in airbags and seatbelts. It's a pain in the arse to work on a patient with the side curtain bag deployed. I've tried to replace it but I always go back to the Griptillian. Is always where it is supposed to be, fast to deploy and always locks open, I can't say that about the replacements I have tried

Quote Originally Posted by Wondering Beard View Post
    Name:  Screenshot_20220906-153001_kindlephoto-96632599.jpg
Views: 266
Size:  64.0 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Arbninftry View Post
    I opened a lot of MREs in IRAQ with mine. LOL
    I thought the rule was to wait until you're hungry enough to chew the package open?😁

Quote Originally Posted by Totem Polar View Post
    1) opening boxes, bills, and medical statements
    2) cutting lengths of polypro marine cord to make impromptu dog leashes for hikes and brew pub patios
    3) convincing a street skell who literally climbed into my Hyundai to extort money (with a partner standing lookout) that he had smaller fish to fry.
    Show and tell, street edition!

I used my Strider PT to cut the monofilament T-anchors holding the pieces of one of the grandkid's toys onto the packaging.

I wasn't sure the 50-year-old Victorinox Tinkerer in my other pocket was tough enough for that level of tactical op . . .

Site Supporter
    My EDC knife is a bone handled Canal Street Cannitler. Because it's not a tactical one-handed opener, I'm not actually posting this having been kilt in the streets ages ago.

I'm just old enough my formative knife years were heavily influenced by traditional slipjoints, so I've gravitated back to them. The last use I had for my knife was to cut my wife's burger the other day. It also opens lots of packages.

Chris

User Tag List