Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Father shoots daughter’s boyfriend

Father shoots daughter’s boyfriend

A father shot and killed his daughter’s boyfriend as he broke in the front door. Watch the video and tell me what you think….

https://youtu.be/V-rWH_n5yJk

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by oakdalecurtis View Post
    A father shot and killed his daughter’s boyfriend as he broke in the front door. Watch the video and tell me what you think….

https://youtu.be/V-rWH_n5yJk
    I think that looks like an all around shit show.

One dude couldn't keep his shit together and in perspective enough to NOT try to knock his ex's door down... while her Dad was armed and behind the door, no less.
    I can't imagine he didn't know that Dad was armed and what the stakes were. He just figured Dad was bluffing and kicking down a door would somehow win her back.... which makes less than no sense.

Now that dude is dead, and heaven help that poor Dad trying to patch things back up with his daughter ever again. That's not the kind of thing that smooths out with time, unless this was just one of many shitty episodes with this ex-BF... but even then.

From the NY Post article I read, it appears that the daughter said the following:

After Duckro shoots at Rayl, his daughter is heard telling him, “Dad, there’s nothing you could have done. You saved my life,” according to the station.
    And the general run of common law does tend to hold that using lethal force on someone forcing their way through your door is perfectly justified.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by JRB View Post
    I think that looks like an all around shit show.

One dude couldn't keep his shit together and in perspective enough to NOT try to knock his ex's door down... while her Dad was armed and behind the door, no less.
    I can't imagine he didn't know that Dad was armed and what the stakes were. He just figured Dad was bluffing and kicking down a door would somehow win her back.... which makes less than no sense.

Now that dude is dead, and heaven help that poor Dad trying to patch things back up with his daughter ever again. That's not the kind of thing that smooths out with time, unless this was just one of many shitty episodes with this ex-BF... but even then.
    Not sure where you are getting the last part. Daughter called 911 saying the ex BF was there to kill her. Nothing for dad to “patch up.” In fact it’s the daughter who will need to make it up to her dad for her trashy taste in men forcing dad to take a life.

After the first hit on the door the dad warned the ex he was armed. The ex literally fucked around snd found out.

Going forward the issue is going to be the dead ex’s family who are apparently “outraged” the dad shot their “little angel.” The ex’s family sounds like just the type of trash that would produce someone who breaks into their ex’s house.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe in PNG View Post
    From the NY Post article I read, it appears that the daughter said the following:

And the general run of common law does tend to hold that using lethal force on someone forcing their way through your door is perfectly justified.

Here in Ohio, we have Castle Doctrine and Stand Your Ground laws on the books. Both seem to apply in this situation.

Even so, some folks simply refuse to take 'No' for answer.
    ''Politics is for the present, but an equation is for eternity.'' ―Albert Einstein

Full disclosure per the Pistol-Forum CoC: I am the author of Quantitative Ammunition Selection.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Not sure where you are getting the last part. Daughter called 911 saying the ex BF was there to kill her. Nothing for dad to “patch up.” In fact it’s the daughter who will need to make it up to her dad for her trashy taste in men forcing dad to take a life.

After the first hit on the door the dad warned the ex he was armed. The ex literally fucked around snd found out.

Going forward the issue is going to be the dead ex’s family who are apparently “outraged” the dad shot their “little angel.” The ex’s family sounds like just the type of trash that would produce someone who breaks into their ex’s house.
    Whatever you say dude. Until I read your post, what's shown in the video is 100% of what I knew on this situation.

Having had a little sister who had caring parents but dated a surprising number of dirtbags, this exact sort of scenario is something I've quite literally played through more than once. Complete with loaded gun on the other side of a door. While guys can flip out and do dumb shit when they're functionally as mature as a spoiled 6 year old *and* emotionally compromised, women can either wildly exaggerate the reality of the situation too. Or do some some pretty inflammatory and exacerbating shit themselves only to expect a free pass on it all because 'they were freaking out' or 'they were scared'.

Also, family relationships can get kinda messy and nonsensical when emotions run this high. After my sister was relieved to be safe from her ex's rage the last time, she was really pissed off at me and wouldn't talk to me for months because she found out my gun was, no shit, loaded, and I was somewhere between 2 and 10 seconds from shooting him just like this Father shot this knucklehead. But my sister's ex wisely chose to fuck off and leave instead.

Quote Originally Posted by the Schwartz View Post
    Here in Ohio, we have Castle Doctrine and Stand Your Ground laws on the books. Both seem to apply in this situation.

Even so, some folks simply refuse to take 'No' for answer.
    Stupid is as stupid does. Lawdog had a story about a similar situation where a love sotted stalker (and fake Seal) of dubious mental acuity tried to intimidate a former roommate into returning:

Squeal draws himself up to his full, impressive height, stares down the muzzle of the 12 gauge, and pronounces:
    “You just made the last mistake of your life. Nobody points a gun at me.”
    Now, not only am I one wierd puppy, but I seem to hang around with some equally disturbed people, because those have to be the single funniest set of last words any of us have ever heard of.
    Pa, of course, immediately slaps the trigger on his Remington 1100 three times, pretty much launching Squeal right into that Great Recruiting Depot in the Sky, do not pass Go, do not collect $200.
    (snip)
    What do we learn from this little episode?
    When someone is pointing a twelve-gauge shotgun at your brisket, it might not be amiss to treat their every word like a Commandment straight from the lips of God.
    Go read the whole thing.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post

I didn't know all the details, only watched the video, so that helps clear things up a little.
    -Seconds Count. Misses Don't-

Quote Originally Posted by Joe in PNG View Post

Go read the whole thing.
    I did. Helluva funny article, had me chuckling the whole time I read it.
    ''Politics is for the present, but an equation is for eternity.'' ―Albert Einstein

Full disclosure per the Pistol-Forum CoC: I am the author of Quantitative Ammunition Selection.

Had that happen locally. Friend of a friend had a falling out with a self proclaimed tough guy.
    Tough guy and a couple of associates showed up one day, he stepped onto the porch with a shotgun.
    Tough guy said "Let's get him, boys."
    Last words.
    Boys departed.
    No charges.
    Code Name: JET STREAM

User Tag List