Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 10 killed, 2 suspects on loose in Canadian stabbing spree

10 killed, 2 suspects on loose in Canadian stabbing spree

https://www.foxnews.com/world/canada...mp=hp1r_1,hp1r

Canadian police are on the hunt for two suspects after at least 10 people were killed and more than a dozen were injured in a stabbing rampage.

The Royal Canadian Mounted Police said the attacks occurred in at least 10 locations, including James Smith Cree Nation and the village of Weldon, northeast of Saskatoon, early Sunday. Early indications suggested victims may have been attacked at random.
    #RESIST

Holy crap!
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Gee those knife safety laws aren't very effective. They need to have knife buybacks and to ban assault knives with fixed blades over 2 inches and then require background checks and licensing of occupational users in the food service industry. Only plastic takeaway knives are safe. If meat were banned entirely we wouldn't need knives!

Site Supporter
    Prayers for the victims and their families.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

One also need to ban Ghost Knives. Things like files, crescent wrenches, leaf springs, ball bearings, and other bits of high carbon steel that can be turned into knives
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

If I wanted to commit mass murder I'd use a Katana and a heavy knife like a Bowie. The wounds those weapons can impart are very often much more impressive than handheld firearms can deliver.

They don't run out of ammo either.

Tragic...

It's tragic when innocents are slaughtered, in this case it seems literally. And, one could personally armed but still surprised and or overwhelmed-there are two. We see these attacks around the globe: Israel, Japan, England, etc. One could hope these two run into a hunter. I don't think Canada allows the carry of sidearms for civilians, and LE has to get lucky to find them. Trudeau is seemingly hostile to his countrymen, so not much hope there.
    I did a little thought exercise as I sit here, surfing. Sans sidearms, what's available?
    Well, there's a brass table lamp, the fire extinguisher in the kitchen, my cane from my knee surgery last year. So, there are options...
    God help the folks in that western province now. This doesn't sound like terrorism-something weirder.
    *checks load in pocket snub, visualizes where "bedroom" Glock is*

Trudeau will probably try to use this to go the way of England and go after edged weapons.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

I just saw that on WaPo. Tragic and my condolences to the families of the victims.

I've been saying for years that the AG crowd needs to start paying attention to homicide statics and not statistics about firearms used in homicides. The FBI keeps those stats but nobody ever looks at those. Ax, bomb, vehicle and knife homicide usually don't make the national news. Until just now.

So does the restrictive firearms policy in Canada work? Apparently not. But I guess that's their cross to bear.

God save the Queen.
    Last edited by Borderland; 09-04-2022 at 07:57 PM.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Site Supporter
    Best wishes to the victims and their family’s. Evil comes in many ways. Fuck that guy.

User Tag List