Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Carjackers use PIT maneuver successfully in Manhattan

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Erick Gelhaus View Post
    There's plenty of other places on the planet with that training & experience. Interesting when 'we' come up against them.
    Yup.

I first encountered the referenced South American groups when I worked in @AMC’s old stomping grounds down the road from yours.

Site Supporter
    Anther place in the world where bad guys specialize in cash in transit robberies would be South Africa.

PIT is very easy to do. Steal me two cars and give me an isolated area to show you. As the Russian judge, I’d say he was too deep on the first but about right on the second one.
    • It's not the odds, it's the stakes.
    • If you aren't dry practicing every week, you're not serious.....
    • "Tache-Psyche Effect - a polite way of saying 'You suck.' " - GG

Imagine being a young couple walking your kid in a stroller down that street.

This is why I commute almost 50 minutes one way to work. Used to love NYC. I’ll never live in a big city again.

Reinstate and then double police funding!
    “Archer not arrow. No such thing as a perfect pistol. Until you commit to being a better archer, you’ll keep hunting for a better arrow.”

-JCN

Living across the Golden Bridge , and through the Rainbow Tunnel, somewhere north of Fantasyland.
    Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Yup.

I first encountered the referenced South American groups when I worked in @AMC’s old stomping grounds down the road from yours.
    One of the groups that regularly hit jewelry couriers in SF back in the 90s was a Colombian Military Police SWAT team. They also occasionally had local Russians assisting. Those guys were on flights back to Bogota within hours of hitting.

That was happening back in Colombia back in the 80s/90s too. Good friend of mine who was former SFPD went to work for @TGS's agency back then. His first overseas assignment was the American Embassy in Bogota. They had a huge shootout/Robbery gone bad at a jewelry mart near the embassy. He was sent over to get Intel on what was going on. Turned out to be...you guessed it....military SWAT team doing some moonlighting as jewel thieves.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AMC View Post
    One of the groups that regularly hit jewelry couriers in SF back in the 90s was a Colombian Military Police SWAT team. They also occasionally had local Russians assisting. Those guys were on flights back to Bogota within hours of hitting.

That was happening back in Colombia back in the 80s/90s too. Good friend of mine who was former SFPD went to work for @TGS's agency back then. His first overseas assignment was the American Embassy in Bogota. They had a huge shootout/Robbery gone bad at a jewelry mart near the embassy. He was sent over to get Intel on what was going on. Turned out to be...you guessed it....military SWAT team doing some moonlighting as jewel thieves.
    Even today the jewelers call them "Columbians" even if they aren't. I got to dive into that world and learned quite a bit, althought they tend to not be active in my area.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    Even today the jewelers call them "Columbians" even if they aren't. I got to dive into that world and learned quite a bit, althought they tend to not be active in my area.
    I’ve seen Colombians, Chileans and Peruvians in the mix.

Didn't everyone grow up doing PIT maneuvers on the gokart track with their friends?

Quote Originally Posted by 0ddl0t View Post
    Didn't everyone grow up doing PIT maneuvers on the gokart track with their friends?
    My daughter and grandkids did. Depended on how obvious it was as to whether they got sent to the rear.
    Adding nothing to the conversation since 2015....

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    I get the feeling the Mercedes was chosen for its build and heft.
    Same reasons my wife chose me.

User Tag List