Thread: RFI Myrtle Beach Area

RFI Myrtle Beach Area

Any info on housing/traffic in the area, Conway, Longs, Lorris..... Bass fishing on the Waccamaw is a plus

Go South. Garden City, Litchfield or Pawley's Island.

The best thing about MB is that you never need to travel far if you’re craving Waffle House once Hooters closes.
    I like my rifles like my women - short, light, fast, brown, and suppressed.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by CDH View Post
    This. Although I'm more of a Georgetown man myself.

Life long SC resident and am in MB almost weekly for work. I wouldn't move there if that's what you are asking, but hey, different strokes for different folks

I interviewed for a job there, must have been 15 years ago now. I was impressed that if you are on the main drag, Myrtle Beach was everything you expected as Myrtle beach. Enough Wings stores to fill a small country.

However, as soon as you got off the main drag by just a few blocks you were in very rural Countryside.

Probably changed by now. If it's anything like around here anything that was Rural and country has been purchased up and turned into housing developments.

Quote Originally Posted by CDH View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by rd62 View Post
    This. Although I'm more of a Georgetown man myself.

Life long SC resident and am in MB almost weekly for work. I wouldn't move there if that's what you are asking, but hey, different strokes for different folks
    I would not move to Myrtle Beach, I have not been in that area for almost 15 years. From what I have seen it looks like there are some of the types of homes we have been looking for for the last 5 years, one level 2000SF... We have some friends of friends that have moved in the outlying areas and seem to like it.

Any additional info on the areas you mentioned, Gtown Garden City, Litchfield, Pawleys Island is greatly appreciated. Feel free to PM me if you prefer.

Thanks

If you make to Georgetown give Rollin Local a shot. Good eats.

We vacation a few times a year at Litchfield Beach. It has the vibe of the Brunswick Isles of southeastern NC 40 years ago. I've looked around off the beach some as SC is where I may one day relocate. The NC coast has been ruined for me, and I fear SC may take the same route of over development

User Tag List