Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Battle of the Budget Wide Bodies. BUL vs Springfield Armory!

I haven't done much (aka nothing but maybe a little dry fire) with the BUL since getting the Prodigy. I may end up selling it just because it occupies a very similar space and isn't cut for a red dot. But the jury is still out...

Anyway, a recent video from a youtube reviewer:

1425 rounds and still good to go.

So I guess this comparison has drawn to a close. I have decided to sell the BUL. Not because there's anything at all wrong with it but because it basically occupies the same space as the Prodigy.

The BUL has been a completely agreeable gun but ultimately kind of its own oddball. Without an optic cut it doesn't really offer what I presently want from a 2011 style pistol. And spending $200-$300 additional to get it cut doesn't make much sense. Not when the SA is about the same price. And as the SA gets more popular within the 2011 market we'll see more and more dedicated Kydex holsters, etc. The BUL is probably as popular as it is ever going to get.

With that said, I do prefer the BUL with its aluminum frame. At least from a packing around standpoint. Hopefully SA will introduce a lightweight Prodigy at some point. Or maybe I should just bite the bullet and get a Staccato.

Happy Thanksgiving!

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Was the Bul thinner in the grip? I got a prodigy, and it is wide! It has been a good while since I had my SAS UL, but it seemed slimmer in grip if I recall? They need an aluminum Prodigy!! Mine ran fine, a 4.25” no complaints.

Quote Originally Posted by Polecat View Post
    Was the Bul thinner in the grip? I got a prodigy, and it is wide!
    Nope. Or not different enough in circumference one way or the other that I could really tell the difference.

Kinda fits into my old thread I think:

Thanks for the review.
    On the ragged edge of the world I'll roam,
    And the home of the wolf shall be my home - Robert Service

Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    I have a few BUL mags. But if the Dura Mags work and end up being $35 it makes some sense to have a 'smith cut the BUL frame for Staccato mags. Down side is a reduction in capacity by one round.
    Where would he cut to get a 2011 magazine into a Bul?

SAS II magazines start at $55 but I worry more about availability than price.

That friend's Bul single stack continues to please him.
    Code Name: JET STREAM

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Watson View Post
    Where would he cut to get a 2011 magazine into a Bul?
    https://forums.brianenos.com/topic/2...sti-2011-mags/

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Watson View Post
    SAS II magazines start at $55 but I worry more about availability than price.
    Yes they aren't super easy to find. I guess if I had a BUL I was serious about I'd have it cut as above or buy a few MBX mags.

Outrageous mag prices make the Stealth Arms Papyrus seem like a great idea. That or the Oracle 2311.

Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    https://forums.brianenos.com/topic/2...sti-2011-mags/

Yes they aren't super easy to find. I guess if I had a BUL I was serious about I'd have it cut as above or buy a few MBX mags.

Outrageous mag prices make the Stealth Arms Papyrus seem like a great idea. That or the Oracle 2311.

Platypus is an excellent gun. I would get that over a stacatto if I wanted another 2011

User Tag List