Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Battle of the Budget Wide Bodies. BUL vs Springfield Armory!

Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    Call to customer service made this morning. A replacement trigger guard bushing screw has been ordered. I also ordered an extra 17rd mag and the A14 RMR plate.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    Curious if you have access to a Staccato with the DPO/DUO plate system to compare with the AOS. Always good to have options and the AOS plates are affordable.

If I hadn't gone down the STI/Staccato path, I think a used Parody (hehe) would be in my sights. Even though a co-worker just sent his brand new "single shot" 9mm Springfield Emissary back to the mothership, I would roll the dice at this lower price point, especially if the used pistols are close to $1k.

Tokarev is an enabler! Bought 2 today. A 5" and 4.25" for my son who works with me.

Tonight I ran 200 rounds through my 5" pistol. Ammo was 124 +P HST, 147 Blaser brass, 115 UMC. All stopages looked like the one pictured. The first stoppage was around 50 rounds and it was thd 147 gr Blaser. The first two magazines were flawless, with the second being HST.

As the pistol got dirtier the stoppages were more frequent. I believe the reason is the pistol is under sprung by a few pounds, and the Cerakote that is wearing in needed cleaning and wiped away.

As far as how it shoots, I had to work to miss plates.

Sent from my SM-G781U1 using Tapatalk

Pinned ejector, barrel feet make decent lower lug contact, nice barrel hood contact.

Quote Originally Posted by CJK View Post
    and 4.25" for my son who works with me.
    Any news on the 4.25" model? Does it seem to run better?

And did both guns come with a 17 and a 20? Mine came with two 17s.

Any news on the 4.25" model? Does it seem to run better?

And did both guns come with a 17 and a 20? Mine came with two 17s.

Magazines are the same for both. He hasn't shot it yet. We work a lot and he has small kids.

I ordered heavier springs and a Staccato magazine to try. They are going to run with break in and not much effort.

Pretty good overview of both Prodigy models from Hilton Yam of 10-8 Performance.

No range time yet but he says that's coming.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CiNnhy3MBQy/

Just a comment from seeing multiple SA 9mm 1911 reviews. The chambers tend to be a bit tight. Can cause some issues feeding/extracting. And extractors tend to be loose. Keep the reports coming so I can live vicariously.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by CJK View Post
    Pinned ejector, barrel feet make decent lower lug contact, nice barrel hood contact.

Have you tried the magic marker on barrel feet test? My last Springfield had marks on the slide stop due to barrel bump, but almost no contact on the lower barrel lugs. Of course being a sub 1,000 model I didn’t expect barrel
    fit so that isn’t a complaint, just an observation.

Here's some info on mags and tuning:

https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PL...awH72s9yrr9kx7

After watching Episode 4 Feed Lip Tuning I have massaged both mags to have a taper in the feed lips.

I think one mag was .355 back and .353 front. The other was .354 and .357. Now both are .355 and .365 give or take.

Rounds stack now with a noticeable upward tilt as where before the rounds sat basically parallel with the angle of the feed lips.

Hard cycling the 17th round wants to sort of stall in both mags when I ease the slide shut against it. But 16 thru 1 slide right out just on recoil spring pressure.

Progress or did I just make things worse? I will maybe know this weekend.

Last edited by Tokarev; 09-08-2022 at 05:48 PM.

Hard cycling the 17th round wants to sort of stall in both mags when I ease the slide shut against it.
    Hand not hard

User Tag List