Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Battle of the Budget Wide Bodies. BUL vs Springfield Armory!

Rear sight has a huge .181 notch to go with .130 wide front sight,

Would rather have a .110 wide fiber front and a .150 rear notch but...the front sight is roll pinned , looks .330 ish x .070ish so a easy replacement may be a phone call to dawson away.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Skinner Precision LLC official Account
    07 Manufacturer specializing in Competition Rifles

Grip has reasonable undercuts and a better texture than g2 staccato IMO. Eyeballing / quick and dirty measuring with a caliper leads me to believe other grip modules like this OG Trip research could be made to fit with little/no drama

Gun is WAY over sprung IMO. Will try to post the good or bad after I shoot it in the morning.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

@Skinner Precision, LLC

Thanks for the pics. The gun looks okay to me especially since these are significantly less expensive than other options. I don't know what dealer is but $675 ballpark should draw some pretty good attention. Maybe once the newness wears off these will settle to about $625.

It doesn't look like it here but can you comment on the extractor? The one used in the Girsan is a noticeably smaller diameter where the piece meets the back of the slide. Does it look like the Tisas would accept an EGW or other quality extractor without too much trouble?

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

@Skinner Precision, LLC Do you have a TLR-1 on hand? Can you see if the rail is long enough to work with it?

Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    @Skinner Precision, LLC Do you have a TLR-1 on hand? Can you see if the rail is long enough to work with it?

I will have to try to borrow one as I don't have one, I know that the rail is too short for a 300U I did check that...do you know the distance from the back end of light to lug on a TLR-1?

Quote Originally Posted by Skinner Precision, LLC View Post

the rail is too short for a 300U
    The TLR-1 is pretty close to the X300 with the 1913 key installed. Would may gain a tiny bit of leeway by using the 320 key.

The MAC is supposed to have a full length frame rail. Pics show a fourth rail slot on that pistol.

Pics of the MAC I stole off gunbroker.com.

Note the somewhat Staccato-esque styling used like the Browning Hi Power scallops.

There seems to be some confusion and debate about the MAC optic plate. It sure looks like an RMR plate to me. But it could be the Holosun K footprint as well.

I really should quit messing around and order one of these.

Two range sessions in, the gun functions great but I am a little underwhelmed in the accuracy department. Gun is shooting approximately 7" low at 10 yards. Will probably put the slide in the mill tomorrow and trim the front sight as an interim solution. While shooting, getting visual feedback from the irons has been difficult with the extreme width of the rear notch. It has been hard to call my shots. The right answer is probably to put a holosun on it and run it through its paces and conside the irons a emergency back ups only. In the that's interesting department , the cover for the red dot cut is a solid chunk of steel and quite hefty.

User Tag List