Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Battle of the Budget Wide Bodies. BUL vs Springfield Armory!

Quote Originally Posted by Skinner Precision, LLC View Post
    When the announcement came out, I put it on my Lipsey's "wish list". Sales person called today, they are allotment only, two per dealer...
    4.25 or 5" gun? I'm wondering if the 4.25 is an actual commander like the Prodigy or a Government with the front end chopped off like the Girsan and some others.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    4.25 or 5" gun? I'm wondering if the 4.25 is an actual commander like the Prodigy or a Government with the front end chopped off like the Girsan and some others.

4.25" Carry model, I had the 5" Nightstalker and 5" duty were on my wish list also but there was no discussion of availability on them. I ordered a 4.25 single stack carry model for a friend last October, I want to say it was a true commander frame when I examined it but I have slept since then so I won't swear to it...

Given the price point I appreciate the checkmate mags and a holosun K cut
    Skinner Precision LLC official Account
    07 Manufacturer specializing in Competition Rifles

Quote Originally Posted by Skinner Precision, LLC View Post
    4.25" Carry model,
    Pics from the American Rifleman article above look to me like a true commander. I assume the MAC and Tisas would share as many components as possible.

4.25" in stock now at Battlehawkarmory.com

https://battlehawkarmory.coreware.co...569OH5RPK22MTO

Damn. Cheap enough. There should be plenty of "meat on the bone" here for the owner to add a mag well or change out a few parts and not be totally upside down.

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/1034907816

Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    Pics from the American Rifleman article above look to me like a true commander. I assume the MAC and Tisas would share as many components as possible.

As you can see from photo (staccato p for comparison), more than a trimmed dust cover, rails are shorter and the recoil abutment is moved back. I didn't measure any thing but it is a commander frame variant not chopped gm length frame.

Gun was definitely test fired , a fair amount of unburnt powder in the bore (more than 1 or 2 rounds)which I take as a good thing. Barrel is not fit as good and trigger pull are not as nice as the tisas 1911 commander I previously discussed but still in the acceptable range , especially given the price point.

While the ambi safety is not as nice as higher dollar options it is functional and the paddles are more appropriate to a carry gun and it doesn't have hot spot that rubs me the way post STI staccatos do (even though they allegedly have fixed this it always annoyed me at their price point).

Today is to hectic to do a bigger evaluation or range session but I might be able to tomorrow.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

I'd give the post above a like except it only had one pic! WTH???

General photos

Muzzle end machining is disappointing. Last tisas had a reasonable crown , this one was faced with a cutter with a chipped insert imo, actually chamfer into the bore is OK but the cosmetic cut is sad

User Tag List