Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Holster?

Holster?

Ok trying to deside on a new holster need advise or opions my pistol is a mp 2.0 compact with 4 inch barrel and I will be carrying awib at 1:00. Looking at the dark star orion with the dark wing but they have a choice of 5 inch in this holster or 4.25 I`m thinking I should go for the 5 inch.
    I have also been looking at a holster by henry holsters the flint which is offered in 4.25 for the mp 2.0 compact. Any advise would be very helpfull.

I think either one of those would work. I have a DSG for my 1.0 M&P and I like it a lot.

You could do much, much worse than a JM Custom Kydex holster made by our very own @Tony Mayer. Good stuff…
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

DarkStar Gear is a PF member too. @orionz06

I have a bunch of JMCK and DSG holsters and they are both excellent.

I don’t carry an M&P, rather Glocks generally. That said, for me and my body shape, I don’t find extra length holster necessary past a certain point. For example, if I’m carrying a Glock 34, obviously isn’t a 34 length holster, but I wouldn’t carry a 17 or 19 in that long of a holster. I prefer 17 length holster for 17s/19s and a 19 length holster for a 26.

For me, I carry with my holster a little bit lower on the belt, and then a standard full size holster works without having to get an extra long shell. I think this gives me a little bit more comfort, and range of motion. Because of how/where I carry, and the amount of time I spend in a vehicle, I don’t like the dark wing. It presses into the inside of my thigh, that said, DSG makes great holsters, and I’m probably an outlier on the dark wing.

Do you have experience with any other AIWB holster?

Quote Originally Posted by BK14 View Post
    I don’t carry an M&P, rather Glocks generally. That said, for me and my body shape, I don’t find extra length holster necessary past a certain point. For example, if I’m carrying a Glock 34, obviously isn’t a 34 length holster, but I wouldn’t carry a 17 or 19 in that long of a holster. I prefer 17 length holster for 17s/19s and a 19 length holster for a 26.

For me, I carry with my holster a little bit lower on the belt, and then a standard full size holster works without having to get an extra long shell. I think this gives me a little bit more comfort, and range of motion. Because of how/where I carry, and the amount of time I spend in a vehicle, I don’t like the dark wing. It presses into the inside of my thigh, that said, DSG makes great holsters, and I’m probably an outlier on the dark wing.

Do you have experience with any other AIWB holster?
    Not really had a vedders light tuck im useing modified with a ravens wing and a single grip hook

Instead of using a longer holster, you could use a "Junk Carry Pillow" that sits below the end of the holster. I prefer that approach because it is less restrictive when sitting or bending over.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Tenicor velo out of stock I been looking at this holster alot https://www.henryholsters.com/product/aiwb-iwb-holster/ anyone have or know anything about them. Thinking hard about getting it.

Ok pretty much desided on a JM custom kydex AIWB wing claw 2.5 with wide hole pattern for my m&p 2.0 with the 4 inch barrel now my question is do I order the one for the 4.25 barrel or the 5 inch barrel I will be carrying it aiwb at 1:00? My current holster is a vedders light tuck that is made to fit the pistol no extra lenght at all and when i'm sitting in my truck seat it seems like the muzzle end of the pistol is jabbing my in the groin and yes I'v tried wedges and pads and doesn't make much diffrance guess what i'm asking will going longer in holster lengeth with the 5 inch holster be better or do I need to just get the holster for the 4.25 inch barrel?

Quote Originally Posted by Hotrod72 View Post
    Ok pretty much desided on a JM custom kydex AIWB wing claw 2.5 with wide hole pattern for my m&p 2.0 with the 4 inch barrel now my question is do I order the one for the 4.25 barrel or the 5 inch barrel I will be carrying it aiwb at 1:00? My current holster is a vedders light tuck that is made to fit the pistol no extra lenght at all and when i'm sitting in my truck seat it seems like the muzzle end of the pistol is jabbing my in the groin and yes I'v tried wedges and pads and doesn't make much diffrance guess what i'm asking will going longer in holster lengeth with the 5 inch holster be better or do I need to just get the holster for the 4.25 inch barrel?
    I would go with the 4.25" holster, to me the 4.25-4.5" are the sweet spots. Thanks
    sales@jmcustomkydex.com

User Tag List