View Poll Results: Hammer, striker or don’t care?

Voters
117. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hammer

62 52.99%
  • Striker

12 10.26%
  • Don’t care

43 36.75%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Hammer, striker or don’t care?

All of the above, of course.

I use 1911, Third-Generation S&W, and Seecamp pistols with hammers. I use revolving pistols with hammers*.

I use Glocks, with strikers.

I Don’t Care what anyone thinks about my choices.

*Edited to add: “Hammerless” revolving pistols actually do have hammers. Look at the parts diagrams. (Perhaps, there are some few very rare, esoteric exceptions, somewhere, back there, in history.)
    Retar’d LE. Kinesthetic dufus.

Don’t tread on volcanos!

Name:  6B04F4B9-BE7B-4486-B460-EC402D7826BA.jpg
Views: 302
Size:  48.2 KB

Well, OK, I like this hammer. I had to “drop” this hammer, once upon a time, in a century that was long ago. Had I not done so, I would have been injured, or perhaps killed. Running was not an option. I had others to defend, not just myself.

Yes, my finger IS is on the trigger. This was part of a series of images, showing my firing grip.

I like hammers.
    Retar’d LE. Kinesthetic dufus.

Don’t tread on volcanos!

My primary guns I carry are striker fired. However I also have a 1911 that I love, and have previously owned, and would own again a revolver. Conceptually I prefer a hammer fired gun for the reholstering in appendix safety aspect, but in application I carry strikers.

Site Supporter
    I grew up shooting hammer guns. The CZ P-07 is ideal. However, I'm training Mrs. Willie to use HK P-30 V1 lem pistols to complement her J frames. She has a light equipped P-30L and a P-30SK for home use. Her secure shop building has a hidden revolver. Her tool bag kept near her when working in the yard has a 4 inch Model 10.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Preference for hammers, but in the same way I prefer burritos to tacos. If I can order either, I'll get the burrito, but I'm not complaining if tacos are the option of the day. Burritos are also less messy appendix carry. Wait, what was the question?

Seriously, appendix carry and the lack of an SCD style option for the majority of striker fired guns, a strong resistance to switching platforms due to hatred for expanded logistics and a general feeling nothing is really any better than what I've already got, and a general like of TDA guns for a decision making under stress pistol means I would likely be with the Sig P2XX until death do us part without work related pressures.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    4) The P-07's relatively short 6.5# DA pull is light enough to be fast and accurate, but long enough to be safer than a striker-fired gun for defensive use.
    According to CZ, the DA trigger pull weight is 44 N ± 2 N = 9.9 lb ± 0.4 lb. How come the trigger pull weight of your P-07 is so low?

Quote Originally Posted by P30 View Post
    According to CZ, the DA trigger pull weight is 44 N ± 2 N = 9.9 lb ± 0.4 lb. How come the trigger pull weight of your P-07 is so low?
    CGW Prograde kit.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Site Supporter
    It is the singer, not the song. It is the indian, not the arrow.

I have all of the above, and with a few minutes of dry fire a day, I can move from one to the other without issue. That includes carry positions, holsters, and everything else.

I know.. Gonna get kilt on the streetz. But there it is.

pat

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    I would likely be with the Sig P2XX until death do us part without work related pressures.

Name:  th-2174874289.jpg
Views: 251
Size:  22.2 KB

Site Supporter
    I voted don't care. On any given day, I am almost 100% likely to carry a striker fired gun. However, striker v. hammer is never one of my criteria when looking to buy a gun. My favorite gun to shoot remains a 1911. I do not appendix carry, so the reholstering issue is much less relevant to me.

User Tag List