Page 1 of 29 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: More New From S&W, the .30 Super Carry!

More New From S&W, the .30 Super Carry!

13458 - SMITH SHIELD EZ 30 SUPER CARRY 10RD W SAFETY BLACK

Product Description

Smith & Wesson is excited to introduce ytheir S&W® Shield™ EZ® in a new caliber! Offering the Shield EZ chambered in Federal® 30 Super Carry™ the Shield EZ pistol features an 10+1 round capacity and a 3.675” barrel, ships with two 10 round magazines that feature a load assist tab for quick, easy loading, as well as a picatinny-style equipment rail to accommodate accessories. The pistol also features an optimal M&P pistol 18-degree grip angle for a natural point of aim, white-dot front and adjustable white-dot rear sights, and a light, crisp trigger!

https://www.davidsonsinc.com/firearm...30+SUPER+CARRY

Unfortunately nothing to be seen on ballistics except that it has a 100 gr bullet.
    Code Name: JET STREAM

either a 100gr HST from Federal??? 115gr Gold dot?

https://www.ezgun.net/categories/ammunition.html?calibur_gauge=7676&is_restricted=n onrestricted

the whole idea gives me .45 GAP flashbacks...

Site Supporter
    They can do this, but they cannot add a useable thumb safety to the regular Shield.

Site Supporter
    "Super Carry" sounds so cool............Jan 4? Or April 1?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    They can do this, but they cannot add a useable thumb safety to the regular Shield.
    Thank you, yes sir!

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    My bet is it's something like a 7.92×24mm VBR. Which I said would be awesome like five or six years ago, at least.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Hmm...the 9mm Shield EZ is an 8+1, while this is a 10+1, so it apparently is not a bottleneck cartridge.

.32 acp case length is 2mm shorter than a 9mm. So perhaps this is a 19mm or so casing, pushing a 100-115 gr. bullet at high pressures...? Possibly using the same 115 Gold Dot as the .327 Mag? [insert chin-stroking emoji here]

Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    My bet is it's something like a 7.92×24mm VBR. Which I said would be awesome like five or six years ago, at least.
    Or maybe closer to 7.65X20mm Longue in dimensions. But I'm just speculating, based on the apparent front-to-back dimension of the grip frame in the image of the pistol, and the 10+1 capacity.

Every year or so one or more of my aging friends ( I'm 67) asks me about the best defensive firearm for a recoil-averse loved one with bad arthritis and perhaps other infirmities. I wonder if, with the right powders, the 30 Super Carry HST load(s) might offer both sufficient penetration and consistent 1.5x expansion in calibrated 10% gel (dare I dream, maybe even against the 4 layer denim test), but with less recoil than 9x19.

So a chubby .25 ACP? Should work well..
    Taking a break from social media.

Quote Originally Posted by oldtexan View Post
    Or maybe closer to 7.65X20mm Longue in dimensions. But I'm just speculating, based on the apparent front-to-back dimension of the grip frame in the image of the pistol, and the 10+1 capacity.

Every year or so one or more of my aging friends ( I'm 67) asks me about the best defensive firearm for a recoil-averse loved one with bad arthritis and perhaps other infirmities. I wonder if, with the right powders, the 30 Super Carry HST load(s) might offer both sufficient penetration and consistent 1.5x expansion in calibrated 10% gel (dare I dream, maybe even against the 4 layer denim test), but with less recoil than 9x19.
    It might work for this.

I see it more as a fine small-game cartridge. I wonder if Ruger can fit it into a 10/22?

Okie John
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

User Tag List