Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Wadcutters vs everything else

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Dobbs View Post
    Paul,

Federal GMM is likely the most accurate, highest quality .38 Special wadcutter load out there. It's also stupid expensive, hard to acquire and a bit under velocity for duty purposes. This project is to produce a duty level, high quality, fairly priced and available snub revolver load for serious carry. Hopefully, it comes to fruition.
    Thanks for the reply! I hope so too.

Any idea how much more velocity, approximately? Thats what makes GMM such a joy to shoot!
    Are you loyal to the constitution or the “institution”?

https://www.georgia-arms.com/38-spec...wadcutter-new/

I don't know if this is what Wayne was talking about. I think I saw them mentioned by Mark Fricke on some social media group or other.

I ordered and received 100 rounds. Haven't shot them yet.
    "It's surprising how often you start wondering just how featureless a desert some people's inner landscapes must be."
    -Maple Syrup Actual

Not affiliated with, FWIW Precision One out of Charleston, SC makes some 148gr copper plated wadcutters that shoot awesome. Soft and accurate. Might be the ticket for those in need of some.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Whitlock View Post

I don't know if this is what Wayne was talking about. I think I saw them mentioned by Mark Fricke on some social media group or other.

They look pretty much like standard swaged wadcutters, can't tell if they're solid or hollow-base. 750 fps is about normal velocity from a 6" barrel. If that velocity is from a 4" or shorter barrel, they'd sure pique my interest.

Just the fact that they're available is a good thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike C View Post
    Not affiliated with, FWIW Precision One out of Charleston, SC makes some 148gr copper plated wadcutters that shoot awesome. Soft and accurate. Might be the ticket for those in need of some.
    https://www.outdoorlimited.com/handg...ter-50-rounds/

I was looking at that, too. And $2 cheaper than the GA. I'm glad to see that some here have had good luck with it. No worries about leading is a plus.
    "It's surprising how often you start wondering just how featureless a desert some people's inner landscapes must be."
    -Maple Syrup Actual

https://www.outdoorlimited.com/handg...ter-50-rounds/

I was looking at that, too. And $2 cheaper than the GA. I'm glad to see that some here have had good luck with it. No worries about leading is a plus.
    Cheaper off Precision One's website directly from them. $125 for a pack of 250 and $25.99 for a box of 50.

Site Supporter

I bought a few hundred of those for a revolver class that was supposed to take place in 2020. Glad it didn't because the GA wadcutters shot so low at 25yds they were useless (same gun with my own wadcutters shot to POA). This was in a fixed sight snubnose. They were better, but still low, out of a 6" gun. I never chrono'd them, but based on how they shot in terms of POI and recoil, I'd wager they were in the 600s.

That wasn't the first time I was disappointed with GA ammo, but it'll be the last.

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by mtnbkr View Post
    I bought a few hundred of those for a revolver class that was supposed to take place in 2020. Glad it didn't because the GA wadcutters shot so low at 25yds they were useless (same gun with my own wadcutters shot to POA). This was in a fixed sight snubnose. They were better, but still low, out of a 6" gun. I never chrono'd them, but based on how they shot in terms of POI and recoil, I'd wager they were in the 600s.

That wasn't the first time I was disappointed with GA ammo, but it'll be the last.
    That's disappointing. I'll have to verify how these shoot.
    -Maple Syrup Actual

That 750 fps is out of a 6” barrel 675 out of a 2”. They have another round that does 730 out of a 2”. Its not on their website Im waiting on them to provide some info, when I get it Ill post it here.
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

How does that compare to Fiocchi? Fiocchi hits close to the sights for me.
    -Maple Syrup Actual

User Tag List