Thread: CCI Shot Loads

CCI Shot Loads

What's the consensus on CCI shot loads out of polygonal rifled barrels like HK USP's and Glocks Gen 3's? Have used them extensively in revolvers, but ran across several boxes of 9mm and 45 ACP loads.

Thanks!

They're OK, but will typically fail to cycle the pistol fully especially if the pistol is over-sprung for warmer fodder. I've run maybe 50 of them through a G17.3 and found this to be the case. Won't damage the bore either.
    ''Politics is for the present, but an equation is for eternity.'' ―Albert Einstein

Full disclosure per the Pistol-Forum CoC: I am the author of Quantitative Ammunition Selection.

I’ve used the 9mm in a Gen2 G19. One shot shell in chamber, one on top of mag. Killed a rattler in AZ several years back. First fired and cycled and I shot again-overkill never fails- and the next round did not cycle out of mag. Kilt the snake though…
    The .38s worked fine decades ago in a snub nose Smith. I can’t speak to the .45.
    If I were in snake country again, I’d have one in the pipe- and prepare to do immediate action.

Thank you for the info. I’ll give them a try and report back.

The 38/357 loads pattern better than the 9mm ones. I carry a J frame loaded with them for part of the year.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

I've got CCI snake shot in .38, .44 special, and 45 Colt. Just my revolver preference for the mission.

I wasn't very impressed with them in 9mm, but in .45 ACP they did well on a feral house cat and seemed to function ok.
    We could isolate Russia totally from the world and maybe they could apply for membership after 2000 years.

User Tag List