Page 36 of 121 FirstFirst ... 2634353637384686 ... LastLast

Thread: Pistol Brace Amnesty

Parts are already selling out.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    All this is making me really happy my 300BLK cheek pistol project worked out so well. I do not have any pistol braces in the house anymore.
    I don’t remember which RE you used?
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    I don’t remember which RE you used?
    https://www.strikeindustries.com/si-ar-spre-slick.html
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Quote Originally Posted by BillSWPA View Post

If the plan is to register the gun, I wonder how many people are waiting until the last minute, and whether the system can handle that many people?
    I have wondered the exact same thing. We went from 90 day approval for form four to now 9 months. If thousands and thousands of new applications suddenly come in in just a few weeks, can it handle that?

Have they even finished getting the backlog cleared of all the paper form 4s? It's my understanding that when that finally happens, the agents will be assigned to doing the electronic forms and that should improve things. However if they're still backed up and getting the paper forms is a priority, then yet again a big mess.

If I plan to just discard the brace from my Evo 3, is the government going to reimburse me for the purchase price?
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Site Supporter
    E Filed and sent off my fingerprint cards. Ordered a Magpul CTR Stock before they get sold out....
    Be Aware-Stay Safe. Gunfighting Is A Thinking Man's Game. So We Might Want To Bring Thinking Back Into It.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Suvorov View Post
    Someone please correct me if I’m wrong.

The way I’m reading it is I have 120 days (from the time this rule is published) to register or otherwise comply, but until that day I can continue to use my braced pistol without “Mr. ATFman” jacking me up?
    Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by 5pins View Post
    It sounds like you got put into “pending research”. I had that happen on my first form 1 suppressor, and it added 90 days to the process.
    Turns out when I went into the efile, I was able to print out cover letters for those two…

So it was an e-mail glitch rather than anything administrative.

Just FYI for people if they don’t get an email for submitted, you can check the efile and reprint the cover letter!

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post

Not to derail this thread, but are you running subs or full power and what are you using for a spring and buffer?
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by JoeSixPack View Post
    Not to derail this thread, but are you running subs or full power and what are you using for a spring and buffer?
    Thanks!
    Supers, subs, and suppressed subs all run well with the proprietary Strike spring and buffer. Good ejection for all. Remarkably.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

User Tag List