Page 16 of 121 FirstFirst ... 614151617182666116 ... LastLast

Thread: Pistol Brace Amnesty

So, all those pistol format toys that I planned on Form 1ing over time are now freebies? Sweet.

I’ll keep a couple in bare tube pistol format to meet the new regs, but I’ll SBR the rest.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

I also hope this doesn’t cause increased wait times for suppressors since I just bought a new one. I’ll give this new eForm option for tax free registration a try. I was planning to SBR my AR pistol anyway and was just waiting for the rule to drop to see if I could get a free stamp. My only regret is that I didn’t wait to do this with my APC9 and ended up paying the $200 to Form 1 it last year.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Wow, amazing how the predictions of Fri 13th came through.

Friday before a holiday weekend.

You have to go to a special eform website for the brace application.

Here is a PDF on how to submit a form 1 for a braced "SBR"

https://www.atf.gov/rules-and-regula...hqapdf/downloa

We could isolate Russia totally from the world and maybe they could apply for membership after 2000 years.

Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives
    99 New York Ave NE, Washington, DC 20002

Gentlemen,

Site Supporter
    So I haven’t had time to dig into the document- question:

If one registered a braced pistol via the 120 day amnesty, once that tax stamp is issued / received it’s an SBR and you could swap to a stock ?

ATF FAQ PDF.

https://www.atf.gov/rules-and-regula...edpdf/download

Looks like you can put a stock on it as soon as you apply.

Yes. Provided you are not otherwise prohibited from possession of a firearm under Federal orState law, you may continue to lawfully possess your SBR while your registration application ispending with ATF. While your application is pending, you should maintain proof of submission asevidence of continued lawful possession.
    Furthermore, no marking requirement.

If the SBR equipped with a “stabilizing brace” is registered within the 120-day tax forbearanceperiod, the possessor is allowed to adopt the markings on the firearm. The maker’s markingexception is only applicable to firearms that are registered pursuant to the final rule. If thefirearm is a personally made firearm, the possessor must mark in accordance with 27 CFR 478.92& 479.102 prior to submitting the E-Form 1.
    We could isolate Russia totally from the world and maybe they could apply for membership after 2000 years.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    So I haven’t had time to dig into the document- question:

If one registered a braced pistol via the 120 day amnesty, once that tax stamp is issued / received it’s an SBR and you could swap to a stock ?
    ooooh!

Not stoked about it because I have kept two braces on hand but I was planning to SBR at least two more lowers so I’ll take advantage of that for free. Already in that system so might as well.

As far as the 5320.20, I emailed mine in on 28 DEC and received the approved hard copy back yesterday so pretty good turn around there.

I assume it’ll slow down processing for Form 1s but maybe not 4s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Pistol Brace Amnesty

Quote Originally Posted by 5pins View Post
    ATF FAQ PDF.

https://www.atf.gov/rules-and-regula...edpdf/download

Looks like you can put a stock on it as soon as you apply.

Furthermore, no marking requirement.
    It’s almost odd that they are apparently making it so easy to Form 1 SBR. Like they want to grow their database and placate the disgruntled subjects at the same time…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

User Tag List