Page 11 of 120 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111 ... LastLast

Thread: Pistol Brace Amnesty

Quote Originally Posted by LHS View Post
    Makes me wonder, with ~4million or so Form1s hitting eForms at the same time, I imagine this will push wait times into the stratosphere. Might make a good legal case for delay of rights or something along those lines. And ~4million goes a fair way towards demonstrating things are 'in common use'.
    Caetano v Massachusetts set the threshold for in common use at several hundred thousand, I believe. But, I could be wrong. 4 million certainly meets that threshold and I foresee interesting lawsuits ahead, now that Bruen is settled.

Quote Originally Posted by TAZ View Post
    I like the idea of your thinking, but I fear that reality will be different. I don't see any way the NFA is updated to remove SBR's from the list of controlled items. I see a push to have AR's added if this BS scheme doesn't back fire.
    Were there barrel/OAL length restrictions when the BoR was passed? Was there any sort of restriction that was waived when a tax was paid? No, so I think it's pretty straightforward that it's not Constitutional, per Bruen. A court decision overturning the law is the only way to go; Congress will almost certainly never do anything about it.

I bought my LAW-folder-ed DDM4 V7P, because it was a pistol, a legal handgun, being legal to possess, loaded with ammunition, on or about my person, in places where loaded handguns were legal to possess/carry. If my DDM4 V7P were to become an “SBR,” then, it looks like it would no longer be a handgun. Instead of going on road trips, and other places, it would mostly live in the big safe, at home, an undesirable relegation.

The Texas legislature’s throwing of long guns, under the legal bus, last year, makes it all the more desirable that my AR/M4 pistol remain a legal pistol.
    Retar’d LE. Kinesthetic dufus.

Don’t tread on volcanos!

Quote Originally Posted by TAZ View Post
    I like the idea of your thinking, but I fear that reality will be different. I don't see any way the NFA is updated to remove SBR's from the list of controlled items. I see a push to have AR's added if this BS scheme doesn't back fire.
    I have a feeling they're going to do tax thing with ARs. Price them out of ownership. The NFA tax stamp is basically that from the 30s. In 1930 $200 was the equivalent of $3500 today. In 1940 it was $4200 equivalent.

So, while not made illegal, your avg person was priced out of ownership. And they can say they made the streets safer and technically didn't violate 2A.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex G View Post
    I bought my LAW-folder-ed DDM4 V7P, because it was a pistol, a legal handgun, being legal to possess, loaded with ammunition, on or about my person, in places where loaded handguns were legal to possess/carry. If my DDM4 V7P were to become an “SBR,” then, it looks like it would no longer be a handgun. Instead of going on road trips, and other places, it would mostly live in the big safe, at home, an undesirable relegation.

The Texas legislature’s throwing of long guns, under the legal bus, last year, makes it all the more desirable that my AR/M4 pistol remain a legal pistol.
    You can blame the “Open Carry” mouth breathers for that one.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    You can blame the “Open Carry” mouth breathers for that one.
    When does the responsibility move from the…fill in the blank…”mouth breathers” to the respectable mainstream gun owners who only support their version of the 2A?

Despite its reputation Texas has never had that good of gun laws so it’s not surprising the way they are moving

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by wsr View Post
    When does the responsibility move from the…fill in the blank…”mouth breathers” to the respectable mainstream gun owners who only support their version of the 2A?

Despite its reputation Texas has never had that good of gun laws so it’s not surprising the way they are moving
    When they do things that are guaranteed to provoke negative responses like armed occupation of legislators offices and armed protests at legislators homes.

We’ve had constitutional carry in TX a decade earlier if not for those stupid “open carry” bastards. In particular the Open Carry Texas organization and it’s Tarrant county chapter.

Fuck those guys.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    When they do things that are guaranteed to provoke negative responses like armed occupation of legislators offices and armed protests at legislators homes.

We’ve had constitutional carry in TX a decade earlier if not for those stupid “open carry” bastards. In particular the Open Carry Texas organization and it’s Tarrant county chapter.

Fuck those guys.
    How big was the support by mainstream gun owners 10 or 15 years ago? I would guess not much, if you you couldn’t get it passed before those guys but did after they pulled whatever stunts they did

I’m not defending the idiots that pull these stunts but at least equal responsibility falls on the mainstream FUDDS and people who think gun rights are special or something who has to be earned

Quote Originally Posted by Rex G View Post

Pull the brace off and shoot and travel at will!
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by wsr View Post
    How big was the support by mainstream gun owners 10 or 15 years ago? I would guess not much, if you you couldn’t get it passed before those guys but did after they pulled whatever stunts they did

I’m not defending the idiots that pull these stunts but at least equal responsibility falls on the mainstream FUDDS and people who think gun rights are special or something who has to be earned
    It had support and was in track to pass.

Instead TX CHLs were replaced with TX LTCs, the primary change being the requirement of an LTC open carry of handguns which had previously been unrestricted.

The background being most of the OCT activists, while not prohibited persons, were unable to obtain Texas carry licenses due to various serious misdemeanor convictions.

User Tag List