Page 8 of 120 FirstFirst ... 6789101858108 ... LastLast

Thread: Pistol Brace Amnesty

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I have mostly been out of pocket the last week, burying my mom, but I am once again reminded if I am looking for information I should set my preferences to only view pages 1-5 of any thread, and if I want to watch drama, should set my preferences to only view threads from page 5 on.

Sorry to read this post. Thoughts and prayers for you and your family. Safe travels.
    Adding nothing to the conversation since 2015....

Quote Originally Posted by Bart Carter View Post
    So, what now? We can't have potatoes?!
    Nor two-liter Pepsi bottles, apparently.
    Adding nothing to the conversation since 2015....

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Bart Carter View Post
    So, what now? We can't have potatoes?!
    You mean 80% Vodka kits ?

Site Supporter
    @GJM

Condolences, brother.

The recent US Supreme Court decision on West Virginia v. Environmental Protection Agency addresses this type of over reaching behavior by bureaucratic agencies I would think. Bureaucratic agencies do not have the constitutional power to make “new and big’ regulatory changes. That power is reserved by congress. Since we are looking at over a decade of legal sales, and over four million sold, this regulatory change seems “new and big.” If they were to decide to change the longstanding regulation of braces I’m sure suits would be forthcoming immediately.

@GJM, sorry for your loss, prayers for you and your family

For all the legal reasons and the newer precedents cited in this thread, I am thinking this one gets tied up in the courts very quickly. Injunction city...

Thanks for the thoughts! She lived big until the last few years when dementia took hold. That disease is terrible.

Sorry to derail the thread. What is the latest thinking on when an effective date might be, and do we think receivers will have to be engraved?
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Thanks for the thoughts! She lived big until the last few years when dementia took hold. That disease is terrible.

Sorry to derail the thread. What is the latest thinking on when an effective date might be, and do we think receivers will have to be engraved?
    Sorry for your loss, dementia is really hard on loved ones.

As I understand it, you might be able to engrave just the barrels instead of the receiver. Easier to reverse later if you choose.

Question. For the thought process of “I ain’t registering nothing, I ain’t gonna be on no list” mentality.

Certain states like mine required us to register and fill out a form for pistols. So we are already on a list. I know it was state and not Fed. But can’t the Feds press for all the forms if this becomes a BS atf law?

Also it seems like they could do a pretty good job of sourcing who bought braces that were done by CC and mail ordered? I feel like a lot of companies who sold would roll over and gladly hand out whatever paperwork necessary to keep making money off us.

Is a free pass at a tax stamp a bad thing? I was planning on doing a form 1 since I have to register my pistol for barrel length and caliber. Sbr gives me the ability to switch uppers and calibers. I’m also assuming that if you filled out the form and it’s in the process you would be okay until it is accepted since you put yourself in the system.

Seems like there will be plenty of lawsuits against this new decision following the Supreme Court ruling. The brace thing has been a disaster since the start.

This is not against anyone. Please do not misinterpret.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So if someone doesn't form 1 their S&W braced pistol that they bought from a gun store and was charged for owning an unregistered SBR. Then isn't the store and manufacture also guilty of selling an SBR?

It's going to happen. Not everyone who bought or made a pistol with a brace is paying attention and won't even know it's now illegal.
    We could isolate Russia totally from the world and maybe they could apply for membership after 2000 years.

User Tag List