Page 5 of 120 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast

Thread: Pistol Brace Amnesty

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Yes but no. That is not just their interpretation.

Legally suppressor parts aren’t like gun parts.

The statute (as passed by congress) clearly states any suppressor part or part intended to be a suppressor part is a suppressor.

So legally a “wink-wink” solvent trap, or so-called “80% suppressor kit”are all suppressors because they are intended to be suppressor parts. And they always have been per congress.

Again that is in the statute, not one of ATF’s interpretations.

In practical terms comparisons between the legalities of SBRs and Braces vs Suppressors and the various kits, traps, whatever is apples to oranges and frankly a distraction.
    Re Form 1 solvent traps, I think the ATF muddied the water there as well with how they handled certain retailers. Endorsing or encouraging them to require an approved Form 1 before shipping to a buyer directly contradicts the stance they are taking today.

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    Cry me a river. He knowingly violated Federal statute. He can FOAD so far as I’m concerned.
    "Fuck off and die" because one (knowingly) violated an arbitrary and non violent federal firearm law. I can understand someone being otherwise compliant with such laws but that post is just fucked up.

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    Cry me a river. He knowingly violated Federal statute. He can FOAD so far as I’m concerned.
    So a speeder would get, what, fuck off and not quite die?

Quote Originally Posted by Oldherkpilot View Post
    So a speeder would get, what, fuck off and not quite die?
    Quoted for the speed part, nothing else.

In my opinion.... not advocating / claiming / stating anything here..but there are several types of laws.

Speed limits for one, based on road conditions, visibility, reaction time, a limit is established to keep the driver and others safe.

Then you get into the Ten commandments type laws, don't do bad things to others.

Clearly skipping several as I'm not a LEO or claiming to be a legal scholar with a tight grasp upon our very straight forward, non patchwork system of laws.

Then there's NFA. The act of assembling an SBR, chopping a barrel, having an auto sear, etc. Is somehow really, really bad unless you pay off (bribe) the ATF, then you literally get the stamp of approval.

Putting together a non stamped SBR does absolutely nothing to harm society. The reason myself, and other law abiding people choose not to do it, is because threat of violence or incarceration. Simply not worth it.
    Taking a break from social media.

Quote Originally Posted by CCT125US View Post
    Quoted for the speed part, nothing else.

In my opinion.... not advocating / claiming / stating anything here..but there are several types of laws.

Speed limits for one, based on road conditions, visibility, reaction time, a limit is established to keep the driver and others safe.

Then you get into the Ten commandments type laws, don't do bad things to others.

Clearly skipping several as I'm not a LEO or claiming to be a legal scholar with a tight grasp upon our very straight forward, non patchwork system of laws.

Then there's NFA. The act of assembling an SBR, chopping a barrel, having an auto sear, etc. Is somehow really, really bad unless you pay off (bribe) the ATF, then you literally get the stamp of approval.

Putting together a non stamped SBR does absolutely nothing to harm society. The reason myself, and other law abiding people choose not to do it, is because threat of violence or incarceration. Simply not worth it.
    I couldn't agree more. As the gap between right and wrong and legal and illegal continues to widen, respect for the law relies more and more heavily on threats and ever less on morals.

Yup.

Despite the breathless tone of the Ammoland article, I’d bet a PF dollar whatever NFA violation came to light was collateral / incidental to whatever actually caused them to investigate him in the first place.
    And I'll raise you another that his deal wasn't made just on the generosity of an AUSA.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Quote Originally Posted by WobblyPossum View Post
    When did it become okay on P-F to approve of, and encourage, the violation of federal firearms laws?
    I didn’t say it was ok and I do not approve as I said, very clearly. I do give a measure of latitude to folks whom have been a here while with regards to their speech. The staff will talk it over.
    #RESIST

Yup.

Despite the breathless tone of the Ammoland article, I’d bet a PF dollar whatever NFA violation came to light was collateral / incidental to whatever actually caused them to investigate him in the first place.
    I’ve not not seen you say “well, ackshually” and then defend a case you know no more about that I. Never. If you have got data on your blind faith assertion, by all means, show it.

https://www.justice.gov/usao-mdfl/pr...barreled-rifle
    #RESIST

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by t1tan View Post
    I have zero intention to register any of my braced weapons, they'll get stocks and I'll continue life as normal.
    1. This post shows that you don't have what it takes to be a successful criminal.
    2. Your plan to continue life as normal may be interrupted nonconsensually.
    3. From your seat at the defendant's table, you would regret your decision.

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    From the P-F.com Code of Conduct "absolutely under no circumstances" list:
    That will work.
    #RESIST

User Tag List