Page 103 of 120 FirstFirst ... 35393101102103104105113 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,030 of 1195

Thread: Pistol Brace Amnesty

Quote Originally Posted by JRB View Post
    Every time you started one without completing it, or never submitted it, it's still there in a draft status unless you logged back in and deleted it.
    So long as the ones you completed and submitted still show as 'submitted' then you're good. It was a system thing to notify anyone with a draft still in draft status and did zero data checking etc to see if it was a duplicate draft for a weapon that has one already submitted.

At least, I got the email, I have leftover incomplete drafts, and I've got all of my pending ones still showing as submitted.

I did have to go old school on the fingerprint cards, though. I know the ATF received them on Friday but being a holiday weekend etc I still haven't seen any update or email showing that they received them.
    They don’t notify you that they received your paper prints. You can call the NFA branch and ask and they’ll confirm whether or not they have but you won’t receive an email.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Quote Originally Posted by BillSWPA View Post
    Change to FPC membership structure.

https://www.ammoland.com/2023/05/fir...mbership-2023/

This strikes me as an admission that perhaps the injunction does not cover recently joining members as broadly as they believe. I encourage joining because they are doing good work in challenging the rule, but would not rely on it to enable one to keep a brace on a pistol if one was not a member from the start.
    I joined without a donation at this time. That probably leaves me out.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by BillSWPA View Post
    Change to FPC membership structure.

https://www.ammoland.com/2023/05/fir...mbership-2023/

This strikes me as an admission that perhaps the injunction does not cover recently joining members as broadly as they believe. I encourage joining because they are doing good work in challenging the rule, but would not rely on it to enable one to keep a brace on a pistol if one was not a member from the start.
    Thinking about this some more:

A good argument can be made that the organization can define its membership rules and terms, including the effective date of membership. The manner in which it is now being defined places a definite limit on who (if their interpretation of the clarifying order is correct) qualifies as a member who would be covered by the injunction. It creates a credible, good faith argument that they have defined and limited the membership in a way that does not attempt to expand the injunction into something tantamount to a national injunction.

The counter argument is that backdating membership dates is not what the court meant by “from the start.”

The problem with an argument is that it could lose.

I would still encourage joining. They are doing good work fighting the rule and getting the injunction. The injunction is a very good preliminary indicator of how the court views the likelihood of success on the merits.

I would also encourage joining today.

I am just not willing to stick my neck out to advise anyone who was not actually a member from the start of this litigation that they can safely rely on this injunction, even though there is a chance that perhaps they can be covered.

Even if one is not covered with certainty by this injunction, it is worth being a member at the start of the next litigation so that one could potentially be covered with certainty by a similarly structured injunction.

Disclaimer: I am not your lawyer, and the above is not legal advice. It is an attempt to provide general information only. Consult with a lawyer admitted in your state for advice about your specific circumstances.

Site Supporter
    Joined FPC. I’m all for supporting organizations that have demonstrated the capability to mount credible, successful legal challenges to government 2A overreach.

Quote Originally Posted by GyroF-16 View Post
    Joined FPC. I’m all for supporting organizations that have demonstrated the capability to mount credible, successful legal challenges to government 2A overreach.
    Just did the same.
    #RESIST

FPC also confirmed purchases from their store count as donations towards membership, ex buying a shirt, gets you membership through Dec 31 2023.

I don't own a braced anything except I put one one my knee occasionally.

Just saw this in my email. I support the SAF.

https://armedamericannews.org/saf-wi...ol-brace-case/
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Site Supporter
    It appears that I am not alone in questioning the application of the injunction in favor of FPC to members who joined after the start of litigation.

https://www.ammoland.com/2023/05/jud...legal-experts/

However, this article indicates that another injunction has been granted in another case, and a previously obtained injunction in yet another case was just clarified and expanded. So, more people are potentially covered.

https://www.ammoland.com/2023/05/jud...ol-brace-rule/

I will try to look at the new rulings later today.
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

And, as expected, the special site went “poof!”
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    And, as expected, the special site went “poof!”
    Was it supposed to stay? Once submitted, forms were transferred to the regular website.

User Tag List