Page 13 of 120 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363113 ... LastLast

Thread: Pistol Brace Amnesty

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    When they do things that are guaranteed to provoke negative responses like armed occupation of legislators offices and armed protests at legislators homes.

We’ve had constitutional carry in TX a decade earlier if not for those stupid “open carry” bastards. In particular the Open Carry Texas organization and it’s Tarrant county chapter.

Fuck those guys.
    I am pretty well convinced that some of those morons are really anti-2A plants.

Site Supporter
    A friend of mine is betting that the ATF ruling/new guidance package will be released on 23 DEC or thereabouts, to ensure everyone's busy with the holiday.

Anyone have any other new insight or genuine intel on how this is going to go?

Quote Originally Posted by JRB View Post
    A friend of mine is betting that the ATF ruling/new guidance package will be released on 23 DEC or thereabouts, to ensure everyone's busy with the holiday.

The Washington gun law YouTube channel says the exact same thing. December 23rd.

Merry Christmas from the atf.
    Are you loyal to the constitution or the “institution”?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post
    I am pretty well convinced that some of those morons are really anti-2A plants.
    You are severely underestimating the stupidity found in the general population.

You are severely underestimating the stupidity found in the general population.
    Large scale monkey dancing.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Blackburn View Post
    Merry Christmas from the atf.
    No kidding.
    In particular, I'm worried about the ramifications for the 'constructive possession' possibilities. I'd just remove the braces from all of my braced guns now, but even if they're removed & locked up separately, would that be seen no differently than the myriad of ways to be in 'constructive possession' of an SBR? I'm hoping there's some sort of grace period.

Whatever comes, I just want some amount of time to act and correct whatever it is before becoming a felon overnight. It's sad that I honestly don't expect that sort of reasonable notice or understanding from a Federal LE organization.

Quote Originally Posted by JRB View Post

Wash Gun Law now predicting Friday Jan 13.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by ccmdfd View Post
    Wash Gun Law now predicting Friday Jan 13.

No.

Looks like the can has been kicked down the road four more months.

https://www.saf.org/doj-asks-more-ti...rm-brace-rule/

DOJ Asks More Time to Process Over 211K Comments on Proposed Arm Brace Rule

Nine months after the Second Amendment Foundation sued the Department of Justice and Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives in federal court over ATF’s flip on how it regulates stabilizing braces on pistols, the DOJ and SAF jointly asked for a continuation of a stay in the legal action to allow processing of more than 211,000 public comments on a proposed rule on “Factoring Criteria for Firearms with Attached Stabilizing Braces.”

The process is expected to require more than four months.

Under the original proposal, guns with stabilizing braces would suddenly be regulated under the National Firearms Act the same as short-barreled rifles. That would require a special license and $200 fee for each firearm fitted with a brace. Without the special license and fee, guns fitted with the stabilizing braces would be illegal to own.

Back on May 4, the court granted an agreed motion for a stay, which was extended on June 15, after the defendants published the proposed rule in the Federal Register seeking public comment. The comment period was 90 days, during which time the agency was flooded with comments.

According to a Joint Status Report filed with the court, it will take more than 120 days for the DOJ to process all the responses. All parties agreed to the delay, according to SAF and have requested that they be allowed to file another Joint Status Report on or before Jan. 19, 2022.

“Depending upon the DOJ’s final ruling,” said SAF founder and Executive Vice President Alan Gottlieb, “SAF reserves the right to amend the court filing to include provisions of the new rule.”

Joining in the SAF lawsuit were Rainier Arms, LLC and two disabled private citizens, Samuel Walley and William Green.

In addition to DOJ and ATF, the lawsuit also named acting ATF Director Regina Lombardo and Acting Attorney General Jeffrey Rosen, in their official capacities. The lawsuit was filed in U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Texas, Dallas Division. The case is known as SAF et. al. v. BATFE, et. al.

No.

Looks like the can has been kicked down the road four more months.

https://www.saf.org/doj-asks-more-ti...rm-brace-rule/

DOJ Asks More Time to Process Over 211K Comments on Proposed Arm Brace Rule
    When is that announcement from? There's no date in the byline, and it talks about waiting until Jan 19 2022. I think that's from last year.

Matt Haught
    SYMTAC Consulting LLC
    https://sym-tac.com

User Tag List