Page 14 of 120 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464114 ... LastLast

Thread: Pistol Brace Amnesty

Quote Originally Posted by LHS View Post
    When is that announcement from? There's no date in the byline, and it talks about waiting until Jan 19 2022. I think that's from last year.
    You're right, based on the ATF acting director and acting Atty General references at the end, it's older.
    --Josh
    “Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.” - Tacitus.

It looks like it's over a year old, since it request to file another report in Jan of 2022.

According to a Joint Status Report filed with the court, it will take more than 120 days for the DOJ to process all the responses. All parties agreed to the delay, according to SAF and have requested that they be allowed to file another Joint Status Report on or before Jan. 19, 2022.
    We could isolate Russia totally from the world and maybe they could apply for membership after 2000 years.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by 5pins View Post
    It looks like it's over a year old, since it request to file another report in Jan of 2022.
    Damn.

As of last week, "common knowledge" said the rule would be published sometime this month. I'm interested to see what the recent overturning of the Bump Stock Ban will do to this, if anything.

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    Quote Originally Posted by psalms144.1 View Post
    As of last week, "common knowledge" said the rule would be published sometime this month. I'm interested to see what the recent overturning of the Bump Stock Ban will do to this, if anything.
    I suspect it will be the standard “pass the law/make the rule and let the courts decide (and hopefully we can destroy a few people’s lives in the process).”

But I remain pessimistically optimistic.

Rule just dropped.

Factoring Criteria for Firearms with Attached “Stabilizing Braces” (atf.gov)

. Individuals and FFLs that are not Class 1 (Importer) and Class 2 (Manufacturer) SOT holders in possession of firearms equipped with a “stabilizing brace” that are subject to the provisions of the NFA as of the date this rule is published will not be subject to the $200 making tax so long as they timely submit an E-Form 1 by [INSERT DATE 120 DAYS AFTER DATE OF PUBLICATION IN THE FEDERAL REGISTER].
    Last edited by 5pins; 01-13-2023 at 02:45 PM.
    We could isolate Russia totally from the world and maybe they could apply for membership after 2000 years.

Yep, no amnesty beyond the 120 days to get them on a Form 1 assuming your state allows it right? That is what I skimmed.

A big FU gun owning proles, we changed our mind, signed Merrick B. Garland, Attorney General

So has it been published in the federal register? I'm not seeing any effective dates. Granted I didn't read it's 100+ pages.

ETA: Nevermind, I see the Asshole-In-Charge just signed it today.

No intention of complying, free tax stamp doesn’t sway me

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan1980 View Post
    So has it been published in the federal register? I'm not seeing any effective dates. Granted I didn't read it's 100+ pages.
    It was submitted today.

https://www.atf.gov/rules-and-regula...ilizing-braces

User Tag List