Page 60 of 120 FirstFirst ... 1050585960616270110 ... LastLast

Thread: Pistol Brace Amnesty

Quote Originally Posted by WobblyPossum View Post
    It took a couple of hours for my cover letter to hit my inbox. I learned from @JCN that you can find the PDF of the cover letter in the electronic documents section of your submitted form on the eForms site (the section that shows your trust documents, responsible person questionnaires, photos of the firearm, etc). As others have said, Ask The Experts is completely useless. I don’t know how many times I’ve contacted them. I’ve never received a response.
    Nothing showing in the Electronic Documents section apart from my photo. Guess I'll be patient and see if anything shows up in my email!

I've had decent luck with Ask the Experts before, but that was several years ago.

Edit: both cover letters just hit my inbox. Makes for what, an hour delay in this case?

Site Supporter
    What's the recommended "caliber or gauge" entry for an AR lower where it's not specified?

On a normal E-Form 1, my understanding is that "MULTI" isn't acceptable, so you have to pick one, which then also must get engraved. However, I avoided testing this in the past by only SBR-ing designated 5.56 lowers, so never actually dealt with it.

I'm assuming that the same rule carries over to the free tax stamp forms as well, and that "Multi" will get it kicked back -- even thought we're supposed to be exempt from NFA engraving requirements this time -- so I should just input the primary caliber I intend to run on the E-Form 1 and RPQ and see what happens?

Could any of you confirm that I'm on the right track? Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Dave J View Post
    What's the recommended "caliber or gauge" entry for an AR lower where it's not specified?

On a normal E-Form 1, my understanding is that "MULTI" isn't acceptable, so you have to pick one, which then also must get engraved. However, I avoided testing this in the past by only SBR-ing designated 5.56 lowers, so never actually dealt with it.

I'm assuming that the same rule carries over to the free tax stamp forms as well, and that "Multi" will get it kicked back -- even thought we're supposed to be exempt from NFA engraving requirements this time -- so I should just input the primary caliber I intend to run on the E-Form 1 and RPQ and see what happens?

You do have to input a specific caliber for a Form 1 and “Multi” gets kicked back. I don’t think you have to engrave caliber markings though, only the name and location of the maker. For the one I just submitted, I used 5.56 since that’s what the complete gun is chambered in even though the lower says “Multi.”

ETA: I don’t think even actual manufacturers have to have the exact caliber engraved on the serialized receiver. I have factory complete ARs that say “Multi” on the lower.
    Last edited by WobblyPossum; 01-31-2023 at 03:41 PM.

Two lawsuits have dropped.

Brillo v. Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives

https://www.thecentersquare.com/wisc...5e6702bee.html

Mock v. Garland

https://www.firearmspolicy.org/mock
    We could isolate Russia totally from the world and maybe they could apply for membership after 2000 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave J View Post

Two of my three lowers are marked MULTI. I just put the caliber of the upper on the form.
    We could isolate Russia totally from the world and maybe they could apply for membership after 2000 years.

Is the photo just the standard passport photo or a photo of the firearm or both?
    Are you loyal to the constitution or the “institution”?

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Blackburn View Post
    Is the photo just the standard passport photo or a photo of the firearm or both?
    A passport photo of yourself (and any responsible persons, if going the trust route) is required; pics of the firearm are optional.

For firearm pics, my understanding is that it's also supposed to be just the required markings. (Model, ser#, etc.)

None of my pre-brace form 1s included any pics of the firearm, FWIW.

The website worked remarkably smoothly when I tried again around midday, and mine are all done. I did electronic fingerprints for the first time, so I’m not sure what I will get back by way of acknowledgement or when.

I need to log in and look at what I submitted including attachments. It would have been really easy to upload the wrong attachment to the wrong application, and I’d rather withdraw any issues early and reenter.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by The Rat View Post
    A passport photo of yourself (and any responsible persons, if going the trust route) is required; pics of the firearm are optional.

For firearm pics, my understanding is that it's also supposed to be just the required markings. (Model, ser#, etc.)

None of my pre-brace form 1s included any pics of the firearm, FWIW.
    I don’t believe the firearm marking pics are optional, at least not anymore. If they are, it’s not obvious.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

User Tag List