Page 75 of 120 FirstFirst ... 2565737475767785 ... LastLast

Thread: Pistol Brace Amnesty

I've never in my life heard someone seriously rail against parade permits, despite having known self-described Free Speech Absolutists.

Living where I live (NYC), I often compare/contrast our first 2 amendments for discussion purposes.
    "It was the fuck aroundest of times, it was the find outest of times."- 45dotACP

Real quick, I perused this thread over the last few days, as it's not of immediate impact to me, but I decided it was important to know. Just wanted to give props to @BillSWPA. He has made the murk much clearer, lending his valuable expertise when I am certain he already has a very full plate, you know, getting paid for his job when not spending time with his loved ones, or maybe even shooting.

Thank you, Counsellor.
    "It was the fuck aroundest of times, it was the find outest of times."- 45dotACP

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe S View Post
    Real quick, I perused this thread over the last few days, as it's not of immediate impact to me, but I decided it was important to know. Just wanted to give props to @BillSWPA. He has made the murk much clearer, lending his valuable expertise when I am certain he already has a very full plate, you know, getting paid for his job when not spending time with his loved ones, or maybe even shooting.

Thank you, Counsellor.
    Thank you for the compliment, and I hope it helped.

Eastern Texas court will decide on or before March 24th.

I guess some early filers are seeing approvals already?
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    I guess some early filers are seeing approvals already?
    A guy local to me had 2 approved so far including a vz61, he said there was no mention of 922r

I’ve only seen the one report on Reddit, posted upthread a bit. Guy filed three under amnesty eForm1, all came back “approved with conditions”. The conditions were something like pursuant to rule (insert rule name here). None of the three approved forms had stamps.

If I were a betting man, I’d say if this rule fails, the ATF will pull back all the “approved with conditions” amnesty forms and move them out of your “approved” section and into either “revoked” or “void” categories on your eForm account page. All “Submitted/In Progress” forms will get moved to “Returned Without Action” That’s my guess.

What is the latest thinking -- continue to watch for another month or so, and depending upon litigation decide?
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM;[URL="tel:1453164"
    1453164[/URL]]What is the latest thinking -- continue to watch for another month or so, and depending upon litigation decide?
    I’ll just offer my opinion, since you’re asking, which is also my current play. I’d say for anyone that has braced pistols that they want to keep as braced pistols, wait at least until March 24th to see what the Eastern District of Texas court decides on this case. Waiting longer is an option, but with this case getting the first decision date we’ve seen set by a court, that’s my minimum.

For anyone who wants to make their braced pistols into SBRs, I’d say file them under standard eForm1, pay the $200, and get your actual stamp.

IMO, there’s little to no chance the ATF approves scores of amnesty eForm1’s and then let’s people keep tax-free SBR’s if this rule gets crushed for the political nonsense it is. Same chances of them destroying all the digital information sent in on individuals and submitted firearms, if that matters to you.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by StraitR View Post
    I’ll just offer my opinion, since you’re asking, which is also my current play. I’d say for anyone that has braced pistols that they want to keep as braced pistols, wait at least until March 24th to see what the Eastern District of Texas court decides on this case. Waiting longer is an option, but with this case getting the first decision date we’ve seen set by a court, that’s my minimum.

For anyone who wants to make their braced pistols into SBRs, I’d say file them under standard eForm1, pay the $200, and get your actual stamp.

IMO, there’s little to no chance the ATF approves scores of amnesty eForm1’s and then let’s people keep tax-free SBR’s if this rule gets crushed for the political nonsense it is. Same chances of them destroying all the digital information sent in on individuals and submitted firearms, if that matters to you.
    I do not have one. If i did, i would probably pay the $200 tax and be done with it. That would give me peace of mind

User Tag List