Page 74 of 120 FirstFirst ... 2464727374757684 ... LastLast

Thread: Pistol Brace Amnesty

Thanks everyone for the advice. Bob Smith’s has been working so far. Managed to pop one of the limiters out. I added some more around the edges of the second one and will let it sit for a little while longer before I try again.

What a shame that "Shall Not Be Infringed" has deteriorated to Americans scrambling to comply with a barrage of nuanced rules, regulations, and infringements.

This thread is very sad.
    Last edited by Paul Blackburn; 02-12-2023 at 06:58 PM.
    Are you loyal to the constitution or the “institution”?

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Blackburn View Post
    What a shame that "Shall Not Be Infringed" has deteriorated to Americans scrambling to comply with a barrage of nuanced rules, regulations, and infringements.

This thread is very sad.
    Could you get off your pedestal for a minute? I’m pretty sure several of us have already addressed why your statements here are bullshit. Everyone who had a braced pistol when they were legal was already complying with the NFA. Otherwise, they would have just installed stocks from the get go. If pistol braces are the hill you’re literally willing to die on, I find that “very sad.”

ETA: hill, not bill.
    Last edited by WobblyPossum; 02-12-2023 at 07:34 PM.

I'm just gonna keep yelling from the back of the peanut gallery that if you ever installed a brace on a firearm then you have already complied with arbitary regulations and rulemaking.... And I say it as a guy who has installed many a brace on a firearm....
    Last edited by rcbusmc24; 02-12-2023 at 07:33 PM.
    "So strong is this propensity of mankind, to fall into mutual animosities, that where no substantial occasion presents itself, the most frivolous and fanciful distinctions have been sufficient to kindle their unfriendly passions, and excite their most violent conflicts." - James Madison, Federalist No 10

It is what it is. The People of the USA decided that the government could actually infringe on the Second Amendment back in 1932.

It was a stupid decision that goes against the whole intention of the right in the first place, but it was one that they seemed to be fine with. Likewise 1968, 1986, and 1991.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Site Supporter
    For all in the "Free men don't comply!" camp, I have to ask...

Do you have a state mandated driver license, vehicle insurance, etc.? Do you pay income, property, sales, gas, excise, etc, taxes? Do you refuse to comply with all the other things that the government makes you do or is it just the pistol brace issue that you decry "compliance is cowardice!"?

Quote Originally Posted by kwb377 View Post

Do you have a state mandated driver license, vehicle insurance, etc.? Do you pay income, property, sales, gas, excise, etc, taxes? Do you refuse to comply with all the other things that the government makes you do or is it just the pistol brace issue that you decry "compliance is cowardice!"?
    Exactly! Don’t be half-assed, go full sovereign citizen!
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by kwb377 View Post

To play devil’s advocate, driver’s licenses aren’t in the bill of rights anywhere. There were also laws passed for taxes and such. So not exactly the same as a brace “rule”.

Quote Originally Posted by WobblyPossum View Post
    Could you get off your pedestal for a minute? I’m pretty sure several of us have already addressed why your statements here are bullshit. Everyone who had a braced pistol when they were legal was already complying with the NFA. Otherwise, they would have just installed stocks from the get go. If pistol braces are the hill you’re literally willing to die on, I find that “very sad.”

User Tag List