Page 49 of 120 FirstFirst ... 3947484950515999 ... LastLast

Thread: Pistol Brace Amnesty

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    BillSWPA is correct. Even if ATF wanted to "gotcha" people like this getting an Assistant U.S. Attorney and a U.S. Magistrate on board with prosecuting people who were making reasonable efforts to comply with a new legal provision based on a "timed out" background check is a non starter. That's if this 88 day thing is even real and not simply a GOA fundraising boogeyman.
    Thank you.
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by JCN View Post
    I expect we will all be back to revolvers by the end of my life if that.
    And lever guns.
    #RESIST

I watched this video yesterday discussing 26 USC 5848 and how information given to the AFT in the form 1 application cannot be used as evidence against the applicant.

26 USC 5848: Restrictive use of information (house.gov)

26 USC 5848: Restrictive use of informationText contains those laws in effect on January 22, 2023
    From Title 26-INTERNAL REVENUE CODESubtitle E-Alcohol, Tobacco, and Certain Other Excise TaxesCHAPTER 53-MACHINE GUNS, DESTRUCTIVE DEVICES, AND CERTAIN OTHER FIREARMSSubchapter B-General Provisions and ExemptionsPART I-GENERAL PROVISIONS

(a) General rule

No information or evidence obtained from an application, registration, or records required to be submitted or retained by a natural person in order to comply with any provision of this chapter or regulations issued thereunder, shall, except as provided in subsection (b) of this section, be used, directly or indirectly, as evidence against that person in a criminal proceeding with respect to a violation of law occurring prior to or concurrently with the filing of the application or registration, or the compiling of the records containing the information or evidence.
    (b) Furnishing false information

Subsection (a) of this section shall not preclude the use of any such information or evidence in a prosecution or other action under any applicable provision of law with respect to the furnishing of false information.
    The video explains it in greater detail.

We could isolate Russia totally from the world and maybe they could apply for membership after 2000 years.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by 5pins View Post
    I watched this video yesterday discussing 26 USC 5848 and how information given to the AFT in the form 1 application cannot be used as evidence against the applicant.

26 USC 5848: Restrictive use of information (house.gov)

26 USC 5848: Restrictive use of informationText contains those laws in effect on January 22, 2023
    From Title 26-INTERNAL REVENUE CODESubtitle E-Alcohol, Tobacco, and Certain Other Excise TaxesCHAPTER 53-MACHINE GUNS, DESTRUCTIVE DEVICES, AND CERTAIN OTHER FIREARMSSubchapter B-General Provisions and ExemptionsPART I-GENERAL PROVISIONS

The video explains it in greater detail.

I am not a lawyer but could it be used in civil forfeiture proceedings vs someone who applied for an amnesty stamp for a foreign brace pistol?

i.e. they can't use it to prosecute for the SBR or 922r but could they use it in a civil forfeiture proceeding to get a court order to compel destruction/ surrender or seizure of the gun as contraband?

Would that not in turn give credibility to "registration leads to confiscation"?

Quote Originally Posted by WobblyPossum View Post
    Thanks. I’d appreciate an email address that someone actually responds to. I dread calling them because the last time I had questions about an eForms issue (my zip code auto populates the wrong county and eForms doesn’t let me change it) I spent several days calling multiple numbers and being bounced around from person to person. Eventually no one was able to actually answer my question so I went ahead and submitted. My form was approved so the issue wasn’t actually an issue but it would have been nice for someone at the ATF to be able to tell me that. At one point someone I was speaking to thought I was asking about my ETrace account (the system that allows LE to find the first individual point of sale of a firearm recovered in an investigation) for work and I had to explain that I was calling about a personal eForms issue that wasn’t work related. If you can provide me with a better email address, I would greatly prefer that to having to call them again.

I expected that was the case regarding fingerprints. I was just hoping I was wrong because my girlfriend, the other responsible person on my trust, is in another part of the country for work. She won’t be home for a few months so getting another set of fingerprint cards done will be logistically tough. I’ll contact SilencerShop to see if they can do the .eft files of our saved prints from the kiosk.
    The email you want to use is eforms.request@atf.gov.

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    Quote Originally Posted by shane45 View Post
    Would that not in turn give credibility to "registration leads to confiscation"?
    Do you think they care?

Site Supporter
    Name:  063939F3-C8F7-46A8-B3A5-C647AC02CEBB.jpg
Views: 376
Size:  42.9 KB

Is the thinking that imported pistols are a problem under the new rule or just a theoretical concern based on interpretation?
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by StraitR View Post
    The email you want to use is eforms.request@atf.gov.
    Thanks! E-mail sent.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

User Tag List