Page 110 of 120 FirstFirst ... 1060100108109110111112 ... LastLast
Results 1,091 to 1,100 of 1195

Thread: Pistol Brace Amnesty

Quote Originally Posted by ASH556 View Post
    I'm pretty salty over the fact that I submitted my one and only for a 15-22P on 2/12 and have not gotten anything back yet. I know people who submitted 5/30 that have already been approved. I called once in June and was told, "still pending." I have multiple other NFA items, and this is a clear factory gun. Shouldn't be that much to research.
    I just got one of mine back. I submitted way after you.
    "Detached reflection cannot be demanded in the presence of an uplifted knife." - Justice Oliver Wendell Holmes, Brown v. United States, 256 U.S. 335 (1921)

Quote Originally Posted by ASH556 View Post
    I'm pretty salty over the fact that I submitted my one and only for a 15-22P on 2/12 and have not gotten anything back yet. I know people who submitted 5/30 that have already been approved. I called once in June and was told, "still pending." I have multiple other NFA items, and this is a clear factory gun. Shouldn't be that much to research.
    I have one from Feb that’s still pending too.

We could isolate Russia totally from the world and maybe they could apply for membership after 2000 years.

I’m curious what this means for the people who applied for the free Form 1, were approved, and then got rid of their braces and replaced them with stocks. If the rule is overturned and nullified, are these Form 1s valid or are they nullified too? They all have approval conditions about being approved pursuant to the final rule. If the approved Form 1s are also nullified, then a decent amount of the 250k applicants will actually have unregistered SBRs. Kinda ironic, no?
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Quote Originally Posted by 5pins View Post
    The link in the video:

https://assets.nationbuilder.com/fir...pdf?1690919131

Quote Originally Posted by JCN View Post
    Am I reading it right, that the reason the court is looking at it as likely to be struck down because the Final Rule bears little to no resemblance to the Proposed Rule and thus violates the APA, but otherwise it's fine?

Matt Haught
    SYMTAC Consulting LLC
    https://sym-tac.com

Quote Originally Posted by WobblyPossum View Post
    I’m curious what this means for the people who applied for the free Form 1, were approved, and then got rid of their braces and replaced them with stocks. If the rule is overturned and nullified, are these Form 1s valid or are they nullified too? They all have approval conditions about being approved pursuant to the final rule. If the approved Form 1s are also nullified, then a decent amount of the 250k applicants will actually have unregistered SBRs. Kinda ironic, no?
    They are SBR approvals… pretty much end of the discussion.

They cite the rule, mainly to point out that the tax and engraving was waved due to the brace fiasco. Some people make it sound like it is dependent on the rule… pursuant means in accordance with, not dependent on. The approval is still an approved SBR.

Similar process went down with the DD change for those shotguns a few decades back. No tax stamp, but approval is still good.

Dammit, I still want my free stamps. These were all intended to be SBRed from day 1 as budget allowed.

I called the NFA helpline today since it has been six whole months. The gentleman was very polite, but ultimately useless in helping he figure out what is taking so long.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    Quote Originally Posted by WobblyPossum View Post
    If the approved Form 1s are also nullified, then a decent amount of the 250k applicants will actually have unregistered SBRs. Kinda ironic, no?
    And the ATF will arrest them and shoot their dogs. Ironic but most Jews dutifully reported to the railway stations too.

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    Dammit, I still want my free stamps. These were all intended to be SBRed from day 1 as budget allowed.

I called the NFA helpline today since it has been six whole months. The gentleman was very polite, but ultimately useless in helping he figure out what is taking so long.
    Reach out to your congressman. Some people reported progress, while it made no difference for others. Worth a try. I am coming up on 4 months myself. I did have 1 out of 5 (that went "pending research") get approved.

User Tag List