Page 70 of 120 FirstFirst ... 2060686970717280 ... LastLast

Thread: Pistol Brace Amnesty

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    You’ve got a bunch of civil servants and / or possibly contractors expecting millions of applications to be processed.

No one has the time or bandwidth for anything like that.
    My point is that a good portion of the process can easily be automated to reduce human time.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    My point is that a good portion of the process can easily be automated to reduce human time.
    That's a good point and I'm sure it's possible.

I'm wondering why the IRS doesn't do it.

It took them 2 months to acknowledge that they had received our certified tax return.

Then it took them another 4 months to process it.

I normally do our taxes electronically. I've tried Turbo Tax but it choked. Then I tried the IRS.gov website and it was a 4 month turn around. I did our return on paper last year just to see if it would process faster but it was much slower.

I have a feeling HCM is right. There simply won't be a pipeline for any reasonable response time. Some people will be left without permits, after applying, for a very long time and have no way of knowing what their status is.

If I were trying to comply, I would just apply for a stamp, document that and forget about it. It's quite possible they won't have a system in place to track the increased applications.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Quote Originally Posted by Borderland View Post
    That's a good point and I'm sure it's possible.

I'm wondering why the IRS doesn't do it.

It took them 2 months to acknowledge that they had received our certified tax return.

Then it took them another 4 months to process it.

I normally do our taxes electronically. I've tried Turbo Tax but it choked. Then I tried the IRS.gov website and it was a 4 month turn around. I did our return on paper last year just to see if it would process faster but it was much slower.

I have a feeling HCM is right. There simply won't be a pipeline for any reasonable response time. Some people will be left without permits, after applying, for a very long time and have no way of knowing what their status is.

If I were trying to comply, I would just apply for a stamp, document that and forget about it. It's quite possible they won't have a system in place to track the increased applications.
    The apps are showing up in the usual console, only the submission of them is on a separate website.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Site Supporter
    WV AG Patrick Morrisey just posted this:

Today, I announced the filing of a major new lawsuit in North Dakota against the Biden Administration’s egregious and unlawful pistol brace rule. We are leading a 25 state coalition against the ATF with our partners. The pistol brace rule is pure overreach and must be stopped!
    Thanks go out to North Dakota, Ohio, Kentucky, and all of our sister states which joined, and our private partners, FRAC, SB Tactical, B&T USA and disabled veteran Richard Cicero. Also big thanks to the NRA for their work on this, WVCDL, and GOA.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by scjbash View Post
    WV AG Patrick Morrisey just posted this:

Today, I announced the filing of a major new lawsuit in North Dakota against the Biden Administration’s egregious and unlawful pistol brace rule. We are leading a 25 state coalition against the ATF with our partners. The pistol brace rule is pure overreach and must be stopped!
    Thanks go out to North Dakota, Ohio, Kentucky, and all of our sister states which joined, and our private partners, FRAC, SB Tactical, B&T USA and disabled veteran Richard Cicero. Also big thanks to the NRA for their work on this, WVCDL, and GOA.
    Yep. Just filed: https://www.nraila.org/articles/2023...atf-brace-rule

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Tensaw View Post
    I think you are giving the architects of this waaaay too much credit - with regard to both the proper use of English and application of law. They have proven themselves to be quite inept and careless at both.
    If they’re being so particular about the word forbearance, they’re doing it for a reason. That doesn’t necessarily mean the reason will hold up in court.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    As far as I’m concerned, there’s no reason that the entire NFA process could not be conducted like a nix check using a live, scan, fingerprint kiosk located in your FFL/SOT.

Live scan fingerprint returns range from instantaneous to a few hours if there are high levels of traffic or system problem. But nothing that couldn’t be resolved in the same three day delay period used for NICS.

I like this guys advice.
    Are you loyal to the constitution or the “institution”?

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    If they’re being so particular about the word forbearance, they’re doing it for a reason. That doesn’t necessarily mean the reason will hold up in court.
    Given how they've been very careful to use the lack of tax as evidence of no undue burden on the folks affected, if they do eventually demand the $200 I think you're right that it'll give us ammo to fight against the ruling.

Matt Haught
    SYMTAC Consulting LLC
    https://sym-tac.com

Quote Originally Posted by LHS View Post
    Given how they've been very careful to use the lack of tax as evidence of no undue burden on the folks affected, if they do eventually demand the $200 I think you're right that it'll give us ammo to fight against the ruling.
    As if we don't already have enough.

Interesting times folks, interesting times.

User Tag List